Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

aggy gs 412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by toby, Feb 10, 2005.

1. toby

toby

Feb 10, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Has anyone had a chance to play through an aguilar gs 412 cab? I have a 4x10 paired with a 1x15, and would love to replace them. The idea of lugging around a SWR or Ampeg(which i hate anyway) 8x10 does not appeal to me. I cant find a review anywhere.

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've been eyeing the GS412 as well, but nobody around me carries one so I can try it. It is a pretty light cab, considering what it is, and would be much more convenient for me to roll it in instead of dragging in two 4x10s, yanking wheels, and stacking them up.

I want a little more booty, but don't want to lose much of the punch of the 10's, and I have no idea if the 412 can deliver the goodies I seek.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    gee, if look at the thread imbedded within that thread......

4. ampeg66

ampeg66

Dec 29, 2002
    Hey, I was just gonna go digging for that post!

I guess I do kinda like my 412...I think the word is "bootylicious." :)

To be fair, it might be a bit scooped if you're coming from all 10s. But the 12s have been a great compromise for me: tighter and faster than the 15s I've always used, but with grunt and depth I've never been able to get from 10s (in my admittedly limited experience with them).

Edit: The Bass Player review (FWIW) is at the following link on the Aguilar site.

http://www.aguilaramp.com/html/press/reviews.html

Some of my favorite parts? "...brain-rattling, face-melting bass - the kind that makes you grin with childish glee." "...loves to be loud..." "...eardrum-bruising bass response..." "...laugh-out-loud fun..."

Yep, it's kinda like that...and no, I don't work for Aguilar. ;)