1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Agile Argus

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by CBNJ, Mar 16, 2013.

1. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
  2. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    I don't have one but I have been looking at them too. Agile seems to have a decent reputation. The new Fender Pawnshop Bass VI is an alternative although not cheaper. Until a couple months ago Rondo had the Argus in seafoam green. It is possible that they would get more colors in some day. You can email them, they have always responded quickly to my emails. If you search on Rondo for 627, 727, and baritone you will find some 27 inch baritone guitars which you may or may not consider to be alternatives. Other people make baritone guitars too. Schecter has made some bass VI-like instruments recently. I am not sure if they still do, someone else can comment on that. Eastwood makes the Sidejack Baritone and Bass VI in 28 and 30 inch scale respectively. Fender makes a Blacktop Baritone Telecaster in 27 inch. There are probably more, those are the alternatives I am somewhat familiar with.

If I can find a new job soon I am interested in getting one too. The Argus, Pawnshop, Baritone Tele, and the Sidejacks are my short list. Good luck with your search!

Ken

3. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I saw the seafoam one a while back and that's what started this whole craze. Guess I waited too long on that! I also remember them having a black one, but guess that's out of stock. I'll send Kurt an email!

4. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    So, I am curious. Why does this thread get moved to Miscellaneous when multiple threads about the Pawn Shop Bass VI, which is exactly the same thing, live on in the Basses section?? We talk about baritone guitars over there all the time. Oh well, even if a moderator should answer I won't see the answer now that the thread has been banished to Miscellaneous. :(

Ken

5. CBNJ

CBNJ Sorry brother.

Feb 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'll only see it since I get notifications on tapatalk. But yeah, I never understand how mods think.

6. khutch

khutch Praise Harp

Aug 20, 2011
    suburban Chicago
    So I made the effort to look the thread up again and as I expected it is getting no love here. If you want to get more traffic perhaps you should post the question again on one of the Bass VI threads. Or do a search, I suspect the Argus has been discussed without getting banished.

Ken