1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Agreeing with posts without having to post about it

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by Deacon_Blues, Apr 27, 2009.

1. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Hi,

On a Finnish forum I visit regularly, there's a way to appreciate good posts by pressing a "plus" button located in the post header next to the report post button. On that particular forum, the pluses are anonymous and the ones you've gotten are visible only to yourself.

If a similar system was implemented here, you could for instance avoid the "long quote and a +1" posts here, especially if the pluses were public. It could be just a clickable plus sign, and next to it a hyperlink [I]n[/I] people agree with this and by clicking it, you see who have pressed the plus button in a popup window or a new window tab.

What's TB:s view on this?

2. Tony G

Tony G

Jan 20, 2006
    NY
    Sounds like a great idea to me.

3. Blues Cat

Blues Cat Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner Supporting Member Commercial User

May 28, 2005
    Katy, Tx
    Payson Fanned Bass Strings Owner
    +1 :D

4. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Acknowledging this is an international forum, but I think Americans really want to let everyone know their opinion (even if it's just agreement with somebody else) and they want to see it "in print". So I suspect there would still be a lot of "+1" posts.

5. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Cali Intergalactic Mind Space - always on the edge
    Song Surgeon slow downer software- full 4 hour demo
    Someone quoting an entire OP sometimes does it to capture the original so the thread starter can't erase the original.

Hey, people do that all the time with other posts as well.