1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Agui GS112 VS GK 210RBS

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chalie, May 30, 2011.

1. Hi,
    I am looking for a cab for my little gig of funky jazz and they only have this option at my neighborehood, Aguilar GS112 and GK 210RBS. Both are almost at the same price and I know that the sound should be idividual (perhaps both are good) but I wounder the quality of the cab so would like to check with you guys before making the purchase.

Please feel free to help me picking the cab.
    Thanks

2. Any advise
    Thanks

3. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Apr 9, 2009
    I owned the GK RBS 210 and it was a good cab, but I’d get the Aggie. I’m partial now to the focused sound of single 12” cabs. The RBS 210 was pretty big and heavy (by today’s standards) and not particularly articulate. It had good depth and made for a good external cab (to my GK700rb/115 combo), but for jazzy, finger-style music I think the Aggie will serve you better.

4. Thanks Guys,
    The seller has Agui 2 x 12 as well and will have me check before getting the 112.

5. been happy w/ my gs112 for the last 2 years. done a bunch of gigs no problem, sounds amazing. in fact I'd trade in my avatar b212 for another in a heartbeat!

6. get a gk neo 112 $350 brand new and IMO better than the aggie

7. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Finland
    There are definite sound differences in the Aguilar GS 212 and DB 212 so do some research on which one you might want. The DB series rocks IMO. I have two... :bassist:

8. Unfortunately we don't have DB for sell so can't check with it.
    Thanks for your thought

9. dmrogers

dmrogers Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2005
    Eastman, GA
    I have been gigging the GS112 (first a single now two) for a while now. I could't be more pleased!
    Very solid construction, and great tone.

You hear from lots of people that the gs112 is mid scooped,and while that is true to a degree, a little EQ always gets me where I want to be.

They have a very solid sound and I have always been able to get a good mid mix that works well in a full band environment.

Aguilar makes some good products!

10. Thanks guys,
    that sounded prommising. I am working on a class D amp for this cab as well as it should be good for transport.

11. SJan3

SJan3

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    I'd also recommend the Aggie. I had 2 GS112s and should have never sold them. Great sound every night and a reasonable weight at 42lbs w/tweeter. 40lbs w/out.
    I have an Aggie DB210 now that I love as well.

12. rok51

rok51

Sep 2, 2002
    Crawfordville, FL
    I have two pair of the GS112s. I can't ever see parting with them. I play fingerstyle and like more of an "old school" sound. The Aggies-while capable of a more modern sound-fill that need for me effortlessly-regarding of the amps I have paired them with. I only run one pair at a time, but if I need all four, I have them. I like the bottom of these little cabs...it seems incongruous that something their size could sound so deep. I did replace the 12s in a pair of them with Deltalite II 2512s and have been very happy with the swap (I had a gremlin under the dustcap of one of the OEM drivers that was driving me batty).

Kim