Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar 1 12 cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Larry Kaye, Jul 3, 2001.

1. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I just saw them advertised at a bass only dealer for 389 a cabinet. Seems like a good deal pricewise compared to Epifani as an example. Has anyone played on one and if not, has anyone played on their 210 or 115 cabs?

I'm looking to potentially add a 112 to my EA rig for a little more bottom projection on certain gigs (like outdoors or a larger, non boomy room) if and only if I need it, but want to have something that won't break the bank or the back.

The EA 110 I have in addition to the 2 208 cabs doesn't have literally any throw into a room past about 15 or 20 feet. Volume isn't the answer here as I gotsa plenty. It's getting more oomph and bottom projection at least an extra 25 to 50 feet into the room or venue with a full range, smaller cabinet without adding 75+ lbs to my speaker payload per gig with a 2 12 or a 4 10 or fat 210 like a Bag End or Eden xlt etc.

Suggestions on the Aguilar or possibly Eden 1 12 cab etc?

LKaye

2. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Hasn't anyone played or bought the new Aguilar line of speakers?

LKaye