Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

(Aguilar?) 212 or 115?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Yamarc, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    I currently own an Aguilar Gs115, I love the Depth that the 15 produces, but I need a little more clarity. I don't really want to invest 500 in a new Aggie 210 because that would be too much money in cabs, and also too heavy! I want to keep the lows so, should I keep the 115 or get a 212? I am open to others companies (Epifani, Bergantino, Demeter) but really like the price of the Aggie's too! Regardless, I don't think any company's 10's will give me what I need, but tell me if I am wrong. I used to have an Aggiw 112 and it did not cut it by itself, but I've heard it is noght and day between one 112 and two 112's. Which leads me to my last question: Should I get two 112's or one 212? (assuming that I go with this option) Post away and tell me what I should do, ANY suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks, Marc

2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    I wouldn't say night and day, but there is a marked improvament in focus, cut, throw. (Even at similar volume this happens, so it's not just a volume increase issue.) The one thing about 2 GS112's vs. a GS212 is weight/portability.

3. Yamarc

Yamarc Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Northville, MI
    So which cab throws and cuts better? Thanks, Marc

4. It's tough to say--I've played my Fafner through a GS115 and a pair of GS112s (the latter is my current cab setup), and loved it to death through both. Ultimately, I think it comes down to the bass you're using. The GS112s are a little light on the low midrange, so if you're using a thinner-sounding bass you might want to stick with the GS115.