Aguilar 2X12 Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rodan, Mar 26, 2002.

1. 4 ohm or 8ohm cabinet?

Experiences? I'm thinking of combining one of these with a 210, but wanted to find out about the ohmage issue.
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Rodan -

The spec sheets and website only list an 8 ohm (at least the last time I looked at the website), but according to my sources (which are fairly good ;) ), it's available in either 4 or 8 ohm. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me or call me at work (800-545-8813).
  3. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    Speaking of this cab, how is it? I'm sure someone's got this cab, or at least has tried it.
  4. I just got one (see "Bassmonkeee and Dave Siff's trip to Bass Central" over in Off Topic.)
    It sounds big. And punchy. And loud. It's pretty neutral; in other words, it doesn't have a distinct character, like some other cabs. I'm running my SWR SM-900 bridged into it, and it sounds great. Depending on which bass I'm using, I have to add some EQ from the amp, because the Aguilar has that flat response. I've only played it in my house so far, no band practice this week, but I'm really looking forward to hearing how it sounds in the mix.
  5. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    They're good cabs but I prefer the Epifani T212. The Epifani had a little more punch in the low register while retaining an essentially un-colored characteristic sound. I also found the Epi to be louder when I compared them back to back driven by an Euphonic Audio iamp 600. Both cabs were 4 ohms. The Ag, OTOH, is quite a bit cheaper so if cost is an issue, you probably can't go wrong.
  6. Dave,

Did you get a 4ohm or 8 ohm version?