Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar 2x12"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lenko, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Does anyone have one? How does it sound? Aggie's 1x12" are great, but what about 2x12"? How punchy are they?

2. Hey Lenko,
    I have an Aguilar 2x12. It sounds great. Very punchy and deep. I use a 2x10 with it because I tried the 2x12 as a stand-alone in a loud rock trio and found it didn't quite cut through on the top end enough for me. YMMV, of course.

3. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

I love my Aguilar 212. I use it with an Ampeg SVT-4 for elec. bass and a Carvin R1000 with my electric upright and acoustic upright.

Very punchy and tight.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I suggest you also check out two GS112s (alot of TBers use that setup) and very much suggest you check out one GS112 together with one GS210 (very, very nice sound--kind of like a more portable Bergantino HT322...well, not quite THAT nice).

5. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    I might say I'm on the budget...though I'm not really. I can't afford 2 cabs; Avatar is not an option since I don't live in the US; any cheap European 2x10" recommend? Even Hartke is like 500 euros here...:bawl:
    I would like to have a 12", but only one probably wouldn't be enough by itself...

6. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I have a GS212 and a pair of GS112's. Bass Central sold me my GS212. It was about 640.00 and that included shipping. The GS112's in a pair are boomier than the GS212. However, sometimes I find the 112's a tad to boomy and prefer the 212. The GS212 also comes standard with casters and is not that heavy or bulky to move around. If you are on the fly and only feel like hauling around 1 cab, then go with the 212. If you dont mind carrying two cabs and could use 112's on their own or in a pair, then go 112's. Howver a newe pair of 112's will cost you 800.00 or if you can find a used pair, 600.00. All in all, the GS212 is a great product and sounds just as good as a pair of 112's (with a tad less boom). BTW, I do not miss the punch that my old SWR 2x10/1x15 cabs produced. The 112's ar the 212 produces just as much punch as the SWR setup did.

7. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    In Europe a pair of 112 will cost me arround 1600 euros...:mad:
    European prices are too high.:spit:

8. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    Not necessarily, i live in Switzerland which is arguably the most expensive country in europe and i got my used epifani 2*12 for $320 :D :eek: :p

9. hb74

hb74

Feb 21, 2003
    Italy - Lecco
    1600 Euro for a pair aof Aguilar Gs 112?!!?

I live in Italy and I've paid my Aggie 212 exactly 900 Euro. A couple af 112 would be cost me about 1100 Eu.

By the way the 212 is a great cab but you MAY BE have to add a 210 in more aggressive situation

By HB

10. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    My fault then; I was looking at price list at www.basszone.it which probably provides retail prices.
    Where did you buy it? Can you name the store please? I would like to go and have a look at it.

11. hb74

hb74

Feb 21, 2003
    Italy - Lecco
    The guy of www.basszone.it is the only one that import product from Aguilar here in Italy and I think you're right when you say that the prices you found there are the retail ones. As you can see you can buy GS 112 for 590 Eu. The prices in the shops are a little lower but I think I was lucky to find my cab at 900 Eu (http://www.altatensione.biz/ is the site but I dont know if it can be useful).

I don't know if Fabio (basszone, nice person) could sell you directly but I'm shure he would be glad to give you a list of retail shop and all the info you need. You can look for his email on the website...

By HB

12. Another option is Germany. This is the official dealer's site

www.station-music.de

Talk to Lothar.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    You also might want to check out the EBS-212 (or Glock's 2x12).

Maybe it's less expensive over there than the Agie stuff.

14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yep, YMMV, but interestingly enough that's very similar to my experience with Bergantino cabs: the 2x12 had great tone and volume but often required a 2x10 to cut through (depended on room acoustics).

15. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Never mind...I'm getting EBS 4x10" next saturday.:D
    Waiting sucks...though it's just 10 days.:D

16. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Good cab; the EBS-410 should get you almost anywhere you want to go.

17. Lenko

Lenko

May 3, 2003
    Slovenia
    Correct...I allready owned one but had to sell it since I needed money for rebuilding our practice place.:mad: