Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar 410 vs Berg NV-610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Sep 14, 2003.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How would these cabs compare?

Which cab would you recommend for a Wilco, REM, Jayhawks kind of sound using a P-bass?

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I´ll try this again. Still my main alternatives.
    And now when a few of you have tried the NV610 I might get more response. ;)

Remember Im not fond of tweeters.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the NV was built for the tweeterless, old school sound. i say go with your gut.

4. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I cant comment on the Aguilar but I played the NV 610 with a new SVT-CL head. The sound was fat warm and big but the main thing was the clarity. I couldnt directly A/B with my Ampeg 410 HLF (which is more like the Aguilar 410 ported 410 with tweeter) but it seemed like the NV was much more clear than the Ampeg, especially in the lower registers. You really should try them out if you can but if you like the sound of old school sealed cabs you shouldnt be disappointed in the NV.

5. Do a search on Bergantino NV610
    I love mine, but I don't want to keep typing the same thing over and over.

6. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

:D

I've tried the Aggie 4x10 a couple times (showroom only). It has clean tone, tons of low-end a$$. As mentioned the Berg cab is old-school, no ports or tweeter. It's currently my #1 cab. Personally, I think it's perfect for the chunky/growly P-bass tone. Probably doesn't weigh much more than the Aggie 4x10 either.

7. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Like I said before, this cab is a sleeper! The more people who hear the nv610, the more who will own it. It sounds good with low power and can handle the big power. JMO, I dont care for aguilar cabs, love their preamps though.