Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar 4x10 Cabs? Good?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mksolid, Jan 15, 2006.

1. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    I noticed that these cabs are going for pretty cheap at several of the online retailers (in the $450 range) Are these things worth it for that price? I just got a Mesa Bass 400+ which I have another thread about... but I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on these aggie cabs. (Everyone is telling me to just get the berg nv 610 on the other thread), but I'm wondering if the Ag will do the job for now while I build up my wallet again.

2. Are you talking the S series cabs or the GS?
    If you are talking GS, I'd go for one. Paired with your 400+, I think would be sweet.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    pretty sure he's referring to the "S" series.

but i love 'em. tight, fat, focused sound that does the aguilar name proud. sure, you can get an avatar for cheaper, but an aguilar is an aguilar. ;)

4. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    S410's are going for $450? Run...do not walk...and snap one (or two) up at that price. They are fantastic sounding cabs, worth much more than that price tag IMHO.

The S cabs sound every bit as good as the GS cabs, again IMHO. They're easier to move around too.

5. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    oh eh... they're ported. Everyone I've been talking to says "no ported' for vintage tube sound.