Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar 4x10's MUCH cheaper than Eden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eric Moesle, Jan 25, 2002.

1. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I was on the fence between getting an Eden 410XLT and the Aguilar GS 410. Heard nothing but great things about both.

Turns out the Aggie is MUCH cheaper than the Eden, just bought it through Riks Music online for $730 with free UPS ground shipping. At that price, the Aguilar simply can't be beat . . .

2. Ya- but you can find a used eden MUCH easier due to it's popularity. I've heard rumors that the aggie isn't as punchy as the eden, but I haven't played through one so I can't really say. they are basically the same design so I'm sure that they sound similar. I did play an epifani 3x10 + 2x10 stack the other day through an eden head and I thought that it lacked in punch and lows. It sounded very clean but the eden cabs have more presence and I think that they sound better in a band situation. YMMV. I think that you will like the aggie.

3. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    The eden has those rumbling low-mids and
    is quite punchy.

The Aguilar tends to have less color and a
    little less modern.

Both good stuff, but for the money, your deal
    is tough to beat.

4. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I've found the Aguilar to be just a tad more "hi-fi" sounding, though not much so, and it doesn't have that low-mid "honky" coloration that the Eden has. These differences are subtle at best, they both actually sound very similar to me.

Either way, they are BOTH much better than the Hartke I'm replacing.

BTW: I found Eden's used, but by the time I paid shipping, they would have cost just as much as the Aggie did brand new . . .