1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar 500SC - Lopo Line Cabs - P Bass - J Bass - Lakland - VIDEO DEMO

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dark Horse, May 3, 2010.

1. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Just a REAL QUICK video demo of the Aguilar AG-500SC head, two custom Lopo Line 1x12 cabs (Eminence Delta speakers), played with a 69 Precision, 72 Jazz, and a Lakland Skyline 4401.

NOTE: I didn't notice till AFTER I did the video that the cheap camera's microphone was compressing. I'll do another video later and try to optimize the camera better so the mic doesn't distort or compress. The amp itself is crystal clear - fat, with great definition.

Anyway -

:)

2. pmcd

pmcd

Feb 22, 2006
    Denver,CO
    Sounds great!

Out of curiosity, are the Lopo cabs ported and are the dimensions stock??

3. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

I had them make the cabs a bit deeper and port them to accommodate the speakers I wanted to use.

4. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I have to admit that sounds really good.
    They have that sort of mid grindy vintage thing going on that I love.

Even with the "cheap" camera, I think the tone come through pretty good.

Can you give me more info about how $$$ where they, building time, etc etc. You also had mentioned that they could make them AND add the speaker of my choice???

I'd probably do a 12" like yours but could maybe think of one of those Eminence NEO3012 that everyone praises in the LDS thread.

Thanks again for taking the time to do the vid.
    Great bass collection BTW!:bassist:

5. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Hi Afroman -

I would say to contact Tiffany on the details of price and time. Mine took about 2 weeks, and I think their standard is between 2 and 3 weeks or so. Let her know what speaker you want to use and make sure that you include the necessary info from Eminence. I doubt she has those in stock, but maybe. Even if you load the speakers yourself, it is incredibly easy to do.

But yeah, definitely contact her - she'll get you taken care of for sure.

6. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Wth! You don't look like a hotdog AT ALL! I want my money back.

7. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Shhhh !!!!

That's my crime fighting alter ego.

:bag:

8. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Yeah, but if "Superman" taught me anything, your civilian self should look like a hotdog, but with glasses.

Also, what's your hero name?

Also also, Is your special power called "the hotdog handshake"?

This is fun.

9. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Superman is a hack.

Wonderweiner !

Condiments are my weapons, Son.... condiments !

:D

10. St Drogo

St Drogo

Oct 9, 2009
    Netherlands
    Awesome. I can hear it now...

"Wonderweiner! This is the mayor! Dr. Sauerkraut is in league with Olaf Obesity! They've hit townhall, we need you!"

"Quick mustard-boy! To the weinermobile!"

[​IMG]

11. awesome stuff man and a good watch!

12. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

Thanks - I'm really happy with this rig. I can do small gigs with a single 1x12, larger ones with both cabs. It sounds great, and gives me a lot more consistency from show to show over having a "big amp" and a "small amp".

13. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX

:D

14. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    Nice demo, DH! Thanks for making the effort to share with everyone. I now have a GAS fire just starting to smolder for a pair of custom 15s.

15. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Nice demo! Everything sounded great.

It'd be REAL temping to price out some cabs from Lopo now - I hope they get a little more love around here, I was researching them a while back and not much information came up about people's experiences with them.

I've been looking for a good backup head for my Markbass R500 (just incase) to screw into my rackmount - was considering the Aggie 500, but I just looked at the price tag on one of those :bawl:

Off to go find a nice cheap LMII ;)

16. Dark Horse

Dark Horse

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No problem - I need to find time to do one with the camera more "optimized" so it doesn't compress/distort so much. Still, you can definitely get an idea about the sound of the cabs, so I guess the video is useful enough. Doesn't even begin to do these cabs justice though. I'm extremely happy with them.

17. qwench

qwench Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2006
    Saskatchewan CANADA
    I'll keep this brief....what is the weight on the Lopo custom 1x12's??? Approx??? I would like to know approx. how much $$ but I will contact them directly for that...thanks!