Aguilar 659 & Hartke HA4000 ??????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by guac mole, Aug 1, 2001.

1. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    I've been gigging and playing with my Hartke HA4000 with my sansamp DI, but now I want to switch to a separate pre-amp and poweramp setup. The only problem is that it's going to be a slow process ($$$$$). So my question is that if i buy the Aguilar 659 can I use it as the preamp and use the power from my Hartke head without coloring the sound? How would I accomplish this or what would be the best set up?

Back of Hartke amp:

Send Pre: pre-EQ, pre-Shape, but post volume
    Return Pre:
    Send Post: post EQ, post Shape, post volume
    Return Post:

2. bigguy

May 2, 2001
    Use the DB 659 output going into the return. This should bypass the preamp section. Normally the efx loop is between the preamp and the power amp. That's where you want to get in. you want to go into the return that is after the preamp section of the Hartke. That way you'll be using the power section of the Hartke; but will have a different sound due to the change of preamp. Should work fine.
  3. guac mole

guac mole

Jun 6, 2001
    San Diego, Ca
    thanks bigguy! it's funny how you always "find" the money when a sweet deal comes along. ramen noodles anyone? anyways so i just picked up a stewart world 1.6 used and i guess i'm not going to need the hartke 4000 for it's power anymore. One thing i will miss is its parametric EQ, damn you upgrades damn you.