1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar 750 help!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by leehoop, Mar 7, 2010.

1. leehoop

leehoop

Jan 21, 2006
    Chicago, Ill.
    ok, so I go over to a bass player's house to check out a DB750 that he was selling. he hooked it up, I played through it and it sounds great. get it home hook it up, plug it in, turn on the power switch and it blows my house fuse:bawl::bawl: I open it up and change the internal fuses, plug it up to a different outlet and the same thing happens. what could be the problem?:bawl::bawl::bawl:

2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You need to rewire your house. The DB750 sucks a lot of current on power up. The lights always dim a little in my practice room when I fire it up. I'd say you'd want to be on at least a 20-amp circuit.

3. Andyman001

Andyman001 moderation must be taken with a grain of salt

Feb 11, 2010
    S/E Idaho
    Make sure the voltage selector switch is on the correct voltage?

4. I had this problem at certain places. Even on a 20amp breaker with nothing else on it!

Aguilar has a fix for it. I guess it "ramps" up the voltage instead of getting hit with it all at once. (which causes the breaker to pop)

Email those fine folks, and either send it in, or ask if they can email you the directions and such to bring to a local tech.

5. leehoop

leehoop

Jan 21, 2006
    Chicago, Ill.
    I'm good, it has a re-settable breaker in the power switch, working fine now thanks guys.

6. Yes it does...... but like you said, it tripped the breaker at your house.

I'd get the "fix" done. It would kind of suck to have it trip a breaker at a gig. At a lot of the bar gigs I do, it's a horror story looking at what I'm plugging into. (usually a 15-20 amp circuit, with about 45 things plugged into power strips and 3 to 1's) :D

7. leehoop

leehoop

Jan 21, 2006
    Chicago, Ill.
    well i thought that was the only breaker until i read about the power switch breaker which had tripped also.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 29, 2020