1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

aguilar 750 hybrid

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by G&L2000e, Apr 11, 2009.

1. G&L2000e

G&L2000e

Aug 29, 2008
    hi there,
    this message is for UK based members.
    can anyone out there help me with my broken down aguilar 750 hybrid. the gear was damaged in transit when i had it shipped to the UK 18 months ago. the whole chassis moved within the case and even though my repairman put the case back together and made sure it was safe it only lasted 4 gigs.
    I need either a circuit diagram or a repair shop near to Manchester if possible or at least in the N.W. of England.
    It seems such a waste to have a grands worth of hardware sitting at home unused especially as these babies sounds the absolute dogs-danglies when working as they should.
    I would appreciate any help
    cheers, David

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i would contact aguilar itself and get a list of authorized dealers in the uk. that's a nicely put together unit and you don't want screw it up.

3. G&L2000e

G&L2000e

Aug 29, 2008
    Finally got it fixed - no thanks to mr aguilar and co.
    I must say their attitude for the duration of this affair is not fitting with what I would still describe as the rolls royce of bass amps. The guy and his employees did not want to know.

sorry geezer, I could not afford a new hybrid but buying a used one should not exclude me from access to ways of getting the item serviced or repaired without having to send it back to the good ol' U.S. of A. that would leave me a couple of hundred short ...and that in Good old British Sterling.

If I didn't like the amp so much I would give you a real verbal pasting.

Back to the amp: -
    The sound is incredible and I can litterally hear every little nuance of my playing using it with one of my Mark Bass 4x10" cabs.

With the master set between 2-3 the power equals most other large amps when they are turned up to 8 out of 11 if you get my jist? : )

Back to the issue of the amp breaking in the first place, the construction is slightly less than man enough for the weight of the amp. I realise it would make it even heavier if it were beefed up but as it is the weight of the amp is simply too much for the chassis. I have heard this from a few sources now.
    I am more than interested to hear what my peers think...

orra best f' now

cheers David Smylie

Manchester

4. EZ9R

EZ9R

Oct 28, 2008
    What, did calling Aguilar have no satisfaction on your situation.
    Their customer service was A+ with me. I just bought a DB 750 and one of the 12ax7s completely died (no sound). Talked to Dave B. for about a half hour until got the issue resolved.
    He was totally cool and wouldn't hang up until I was satisfied.

5. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own!

This does not sound like the DB-750 I own. Its built like a tank and the weight is more than the metal case itself. That power transformer adds a few pounds as well.

Also Aguilar does not have any other shops fix or repair their gear. That's just the way they want it I guess. Dealing with them has always been great so I'm not sure what want wrong in your case. I've called a few times and like the earlier poster, they would not get off the phone until I was happy. In fact, I got a follow-up call from their COO just to make sure I was satisfied.

All that aside, its a great head with tons of power and will run all day long without breaking a sweat. A few windows maybe but that all good, right?

6. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    My experience with Aguilar's customer service has always been exceptional. All of my emails have been responded to by Dave Boonshoft within a couple of hours. He's even shipped me parts and installation instructions for my tech at no charge.

If you were asking for a schematic, wiring diagram, etc. and he didn't give them to you, and that's the source of your grievance... What did you expect? Companies don't just hand over their proprietary designs because people ask for them.

7. renejaime

renejaime

May 25, 2005
    Austin
    Glad to hear you were able to get the amp fixed it's a wonderful sounding amp.

As far as customer service is concerned unfortunately that's one thing that's become hit and miss with an ever expanding global marketplace. Yes, more and more companies are becoming able to sell just about anywhere but when it comes to servicing their product simple logistics get in the way. I must admit this reason alone has stopped some possible purchases.

good luck with your amp... hopefully now that it's fixed it will provide years of trouble free service.

I've had mine now going on 6yrs and the only trouble I've had is a preamp tube that needed to be replaced.