1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar 8x10 cab. Sounds killer and easy to move! Only $499

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Ds1, May 20, 2011.

1. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Owner: Ish Guitars, Inc. Owner: Ish Case, Inc
    Bought this cab a month ago and it sounds so, so good... but now paying for car stuff means it has to sell.

INCREIBLE bass cabinet. I should know; I've owned many and am a loyal Aguilar fan. The cab is a bit road worn (it was on tour with Honor Bright), but sound wise is perfect. I'll even repaint it if I get a full price offer. This Aguilar 810 has such great low end it rattles everything in the house, and everyone in the audience. Handles 1,000 watts. Its VERY light, surprisingly compact, and easy to move because it has casters and well placed handles (unlike Ampeg's horrible 8x10). Step up to Aguilar's sonically incredible S8x10 and have your ears blow off... in a good way.

[DEL]Asking $499 OBO[/DEL] SOLD! or maybe trade for whatever. More pictures to come, I'll meet you somewhere if your coming from a distance. For any questions please PM or call 315-200-3262.

Attached Files:

2. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Bump!

3. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Bump for an awesome cab and TBer! How about a brute...? Lol jk

4. dave2

dave2

Feb 10, 2007
    Texas
    What model is it... a GS or DB or something else? Man I wish I could buy this. I have a GS410 and love it.

Dave

5. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    asands: I would love more Brutes! Too bad they practically don't exist right now though :(

dave2: It is an "S", not a GS. I believe the S line was discontinued not too long ago, but its too bad it was. This cab is more compact, lighter, and better sounding (in my opinion) than any of the newer 810's from Aggy.

6. asands

asands Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Troy Missouri
    Yeah, I'm tryin to move mine for cash for a new head. I love it but the S.U.B. fits what I'm doing much better.

7. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    no tweet?

8. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Too bad you have to get rid of the Brute, but I know how it goes with bass gear!

You've got eight 10 inch speakers, what more do you want?! Just kidding, nope no tweeter, just like the way any good 8x10 should be!

9. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    Whereabouts are you in NY?

10. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Upstate, Syracuse area.

p.s. This cab is most likely accounted for, but I will keep ya'll updated, and feel free to continue your inquires.

11. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    If it doesnt go, I'll probably have it. I would need to drop it off in downtown syracuse. Lemme know.

12. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Will do!

13. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    wow....

14. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    There's not much information out there on these but trust me, they're worth every dime and can usually be had for $400-$500. The S series cabs were the "cheapest" cabs Aguilar made until about 2005-2006 when they discontinued them. I'm not sure why they were discontinued but they were anything but "cheap". Solid construction, fairly lightweight, and an awesome sound! They are a little more sterile than the GS cabs - to some that might be a good thing. They don't get quite as deep as the GS but it's still a very good tone coming out of it!

If you were any where near Cincinnati and I had the money I'd pick this up in a minute...good luck with the sale!

15. Ds1

Ds1 Commercial User

Dec 3, 2008
    Syracuse, NY
    Hey Adam, your right on! As you noted, this has a slightly more sterile sound than my current GS cabs, but thats EXACTLY the sound most people are looking for from an 8x10 anyway. Great, great cabs. I'll be trying to find one again when I have the extra cash...

p.s. This cab is sold sold sold! Thanks everyone for the interest.