1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar 8x10??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by PinkTelephone, Apr 19, 2006.

1. are any aguilar 8x10 readily available or have they been discontinued until the DB8x10 comes out?

just wondering cus i'll soon be looking to upgrade to a fridge and wanted something that wasnt the typical ampeg SVT810 and i've been G.A.S.ing hard for something aguilar.

thanks

2. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    What about an Electric Matamp 8x10?
    ( http://www.electricamp.com/8x10speaker-cabinet.html )
    8x10angle. They also have an Orange tolex option so it would match your Orange AD200B! I forget who, but someone on talkbass got a White one a little while ago. The Aguilars are great cabs though.

3. thanks man, i totally forgot about those even though i think they are the coolest stuff, next to orange of coarse. lol.

i'll make sure to keep those in mind when in the market for a fridge.

4. Hyde

Hyde

Mar 30, 2006
    Yeah, if you want an Aguilar you'll have to either wait for the DB series or find an S-810 on closeout or used. Ooh, I was just looking at Aggie's website, the DBs will have some neat colors. . .I can't wait to see those!

5. Yeah those new Aggies sure look neat. Those Electrics/Matamps too btw.

6. gwx014

gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    I found the post with the White one! Here's the link.

7. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I would like to try the new Aggie 810. But the one that was in production left me underwhelmed. Try it before you buy; other good options include the Bergantino 610, the Metamp already posted, and definately an Aggie 412. An Eden 610 or 810 would also probabally work well. I would steer clear of the current Ampeg 810. It does not get the lows that I at least need with my 5 string (standard tuned).

8. wow that white cab is Siiiiiiiiiiiick.
    and yea i'm trying to stray away from the SVT810 but i dont know, i have really given one a nice sitdown and play. Maybe after some more time with it i can grow to like it more but as of right now i'm not that interested.

and yea i think i'm going to wait on the Aggie 8x10 since alot of people are saying the only one really was THAT great. I'll make sure to try the 4x12 as well.

does anyone know where i can possibly try out a eletric/matamp beofre draining the bank AGAIN to pay for a custom cab. or if theres a place to try the berg610. last time at rudys they only had the 1x12.

9. eXCeSS

eXCeSS

Apr 17, 2006
    lol hey mike how are going to bring that to shows?

in the civic? :smug:

10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Ya know, there is a Bergantino 215 in the classifieds right now I think. That would also be a great cab if you can get ahold of one.