1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar AG500 Dual Channel Amp...$575 OBO

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TalBass, Mar 2, 2013.

1. This dual channel 500 watt Aguilar bass amplifier is in excellent, almost mint condition, always in a rack and sounds great with any type of bass. I've used it with four and five strings as well as fretless, and with all the sound shaping options, it always provided exactly the sound I was looking for. Plenty of power, weighs just 17 pounds, and the Aguilar build quality is excellent.

These amps are $1349 new on EBay, I'm asking $575, plus shipping, so this is a good deal. It comes with rack ears attached. In case you're interested, I have 141 feedbacks on EBay...all positive. I would prefer to ship to the continental US only.

Please let me know if you have any questions, and thanks for reading my ad.

I copied the following from an ad for these amps:

Aguilar tone in an affordable, lightweight package.
    The Aguilar AG 500 Dual Channel Bass Head combines dual preamps and Class A gain stages and a lightweight 500-watt MOSFET Class D power section. Single input, with 2-channel operation. Channel one provides clean, full tone with the flexibility of a 4-band active EQ section. Channel 2 features a passive EQ section and a versatile overdrive, adjustable for everything from vintage tube grit to full-on dirt.

Effects loop includes a push/pull send pot for line or instrumental level, and a push/pull return pot for parallel or series operation.

The Aguilar AG 500 Head includes 2 Speakon and 2 - 1/4" outputs, with XLR balanced D.I. out plus pre- and post-EQ switches.

Equipped with removable rack ears. 500 watts RMS at 4 ohms. 17 lbs.
    Features
    • Dual preamps
    • Class A gain stages
    • 500-watt MOSFET Class D power section
    • Channel one provides clean, full tone with 4-band active EQ
    • Channel 2 features passive EQ section with Versatile overdrive
    • Effects loop
    • Single input
    • 2 Speakon and 2 - 1/4" outputs, with XLR balanced D.I. out plus a pre and post EQ switch
    • Tuner out

Here's a link to the Owner's Manual for more details:

http://www.aguilaramp.com/pdf/support_manuals_ag500_1.7.pdf

Attached Files:

2. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2009
    does it have the footswitch for channel switching?

3. Thanks for your question. I don't have the foot switch for the amp...not sure if an aftermarket switch would work or not...

4. And sold...thanks for all the responses and offers.