1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aguilar AG500 Dual Channel Amp. AG 500 DC - excellent shape, a tonal must have! *Reduced*

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by crossover, Nov 7, 2016.

1. crossover

crossover Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2010
    NY
    Price:
    $525
    Aguilar AG500 DC:
    Meet the predecessor to the Tone Hammer series of amps. The AG500 was (briefly) Aguilar’s flagship. I’m not trying to tell you this is a DB750/1 but it has WAY more kick than a TH500 (not the same 500W power section) It also extends the range bottom (deep switch) and the top (bright switch) all with better (easier) control of the mids. The highly coveted Agro Distortion is also built right in. Don’t need the distortion (like me)? Second channel for boost or just a different sound. I’ve had a a couple of these and there was always something that bugged me, usually cosmetics; one didn’t even sound right (chances are it was repaired - poorly). I lucked out with this and found “the one” but I’ve made an unrelated purchase that hit the savings account a bit too hard and need to recoup where possible.

$580 $525 Shipped/Insured within the lower 48. No trades. Willing to meet for a local deal. Paypal ok

IMG_1968.jpg IMG_1969.jpg IMG_1970.jpg IMG_1971.jpg IMG_1972.jpg IMG_1973.jpg

(Specs borrowed from Aguilar)

Power output:
    500 watts @ 4 ohms, 250 watts @ 8 ohms

Inputs: One ¼" Input jack with Active/Passive switch

Channel One:

Bright: +5dB >4kHz shelving

Treble: +/- 13dB @ 4kHz shelving

High Mid: +/- 14dB @ 800Hz peaking

Low Mid: +/- 14dB @ 400Hz peaking

Bass: +/- 18dB @ 40Hz shelving

Deep: +6dB <100Hz shelving

Channel Two:

Contour: broad range mid scoop @ 1kHz (ccw=max scoop (~20dB) cw=flat)

Treble: + 6dB/- 10dB @ 4kHz shelving

Mid: + 4dB/- 10dB @ 600Hz peaking

Bass: + 8dB/- 6dB @ 40Hz shelving

Deep: +6dB <100Hz shelving

Presence: + 6dB/-20dB >4kHz shelving

FX Loop: Series/Parallel; Send pot is Push/Pull for Line or Instrument level; Return pot is Push/Pull for Parallel or Series operation.

Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon and two ¼" speaker outputs, XLR balanced D.I. out with Pre and Post EQ switch, Tuner output.

Footswitch: Channel Select and Mute with LED

Size: 2 rack spaces, 17" W X 3.5" H X 10" D

Weight: 18 lbs.

Includes: Rack Ears

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    armybass and BlueBandit like this.
  2. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Great amp. black Friday bump.

crossover likes this.