1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aguilar AG500 Dual Channel

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ElMon, Mar 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Picked this up from Jokerjkny early this year, and while I LOVE the tone of this head and how it communicates that signature thick aguilar tone with solid state quickness, I just like my Mesa Walkabout better, and don' t need much more firepower than that. The little Aggie is LOUD. I"m currently running it through a UL410, which is a great match up for clarity on the bandstand, but I should add that this head sounds stellar through 2 GS112's or a GS410. Aguilar seems to have tuned the mids on the AG500 to complement the slight scoop of the GS series, IMO at least.

Head's in excellent condition, and I'm NOT looking for any trades. Need cash for a new axe.

Price Lowered to $750 shipped to the Contl US!!!!! I greatly prefer a certified bank check, but am familiar with paypal if you'd prefer that method.

Pics to come, and thanks for lookin!!!

2. naturalkinds

naturalkinds

Jan 22, 2009
    Savannah, GA
    PM'd.

3. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    PM's replied!

4. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump.

5. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Forgive the lateness of my replies. Internet's been down at the hacienda. Pics to come soon.

6. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    AGuilar.
    Aguilar1.
    Aguilar2.
    Epifani017.

7. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Dirty rags NOT included in full disclosure.

8. coribass

coribass Banned

Feb 21, 2009
    Pm sent

9. greenbass5

greenbass5

Sep 16, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Dang. I don't have the cash now and this would work sooo well with my NV610 methinks. I'm in OKC so, bump from a local bro!

10. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    PM's replied, and on a side note:

DAMN where are all these Okie Bassists coming from!? I might have to really hit the shed.

11. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Ya Know, let's go ahead and lower it to $800 shipped.

12. larryl

larryl

Feb 1, 2005
    North Jersey
    Great amp at a great price

13. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Thank ya!!!! Just did another A/B test last night between this and my Walkabout, and while I greatly prefer the tone of the walkabout, its amazing how close Aguilar is in the big/thick/tube-like dept. IMO the slap tone is WAY better on the Aggie, though I'm not often caught doing such things as slapping. I'm left-handed on a 'right-handed' bass, and I just can't get my right hand to do the double-thumb thingy.

14. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Just for kicks, I was at the GC in OKC and thru this head on top of an 8x10, rocking a Road-Worn series Pbass and a pick, all through the Distortion channel on the Aggie.......

Wow....had no idea. If someone was playing aggressive punk or metal with a pick, I would SERIOUSLY consider getting one of these. HUGE and growly tone thru a big cab.

15. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump.

16. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    sooo good, i ended up picking up another one... :D

17. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I KNEW ya would. I think I"m in trouble about that new DB751, although suprisingly my Walkabout, at only a measly 300watts, filled up a rather large room last night with my Sadowsky PJ5 and UL410(S1). Sounded HUGE. Had the gain at 11 o'clock and the master at about 10.

18. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Bump.

19. 73jbass

73jbass Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2004
    Ellenwood,Ga.
    Just curious,is the gain structure different between the 2 channels,and are the center frequencies different? Very interested.

20. ElMon

ElMon Supporting Member

May 30, 2004
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I don't know the answer to that unfortunately. I'll check through some articles and see if I can't figure it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.