Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar AG500-SC

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Keeaumoku, Jan 25, 2005.

1. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    :meh: I've been looking for some feedback here in TB regarding the AG500-SC, but I didn't find much. Yesterday I was over at Dan's Guitars here in Honolulu, 'cuz they're listed as an authorized dealer in the Aggie website. I wanted to see if they had one, and they didn't, but they did have the more pricey AG500, which is the 2-channel version. So I checked that one out through an Epifani 15" cabinet. They let me use a Stingray-5! Anyway... I really liked what I was hearing. Fooled around with the EQ's and stuff... Lot's of clear, rib-rattling power! :D

So I went ahead and took the plunge! I ordered an "SC" from John at Bass Emporium down there in Austin, Texas, along with the "ever so slightly used" Bergantino NV215 cabinet he was holding for me. He said he would be shipping them to me in a couple of days, and it should take about 3 weeks to get all the way out here to Honolulu.

I hope I'm going to be satisfied... 'cuz I'm kinda far away to be making any exchanges! Any of y'all have any experience with the AG500-SC, or the 2 x 15" Bergie for that matter? :confused:

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Well, admittedly I haven't the chance to play one yet.. but am expecting the AG 500 hopefully tomorrow. Just curious, did you try the second channel and not like the sound? Or do you just have no use for it? Sorry I can't help more, but i'll let you know what I think of the "clean" channel as soon as mine gets here.

3. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    as you say, the ag500-sc is the single channel version of the ag500. The only difference is that the overdrive channel is missing. If do you a search you'll find lots of discussion on the ag500. It's a great little amp.

4. Keeaumoku

Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    I thought about getting a solid-state amp with overdrive option, but decided against it for now. I've had my eye on the Marshall VBA400, and, after tax refund time, I'll probably get that thing, too... 75 pounds does sound kinda scary, though! Then I'll find myself having to make a decision... keep the little Aggie, or sell it. I'm still one of those guys that prefer a tube-driven amp for that "overdrive" sound... thanks for your input!

5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Having actually played both at the bass emporium, you can't go wrong. I like the single channel alot. If I didn't have so much aguilar gear I would probably buy ann ag500 (I'm still thinking about it now)

I think you will be VERY happy