1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Aguilar AG500SC 500 Watts --- A powerful and sweet sounding amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Thumpin6string, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Thumpin6string

Thumpin6string Supporting Member

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Price:
    I have for sale my Aguilar AG500SC. It comes with power cord and rack ears with screws. It looks good and works and sounds great. It is 500 watts at 4 ohms and 300 watts at 8 ohms. There are very minor scuffs from normal use. I did repaint the top when I got it due to several scratches (I'm anal about how my stuff looks). I was asking $500 shipped to the CONUS, but now only $420. And yes I'm still donating $100 of this sale. PM me for questions or to make a deal. I'll trade for an Eden WT400, a WT550, a Markbass LM II or III, An A.M.P. BH420, a Thunderfunk TFB420, an electric upright bass or a 5 string acoustic bass. Would also consider a partial trade depending on what you've got. Thanks for looking! IMG_3149.JPG IMG_3148.JPG IMG_3008.JPG IMG_3009.JPG IMG_3010.JPG IMG_3011.JPG IMG_3007.JPG IMG_3012.JPG

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
  2. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Sweet amp. Bump

3. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Price drop for a nice amp. $450 shipped.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  4. rufus.K

rufus.K

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    Bumpity Bump.

5. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    UPDATE: I will donate $100 of this sale to the fire victims of the Camp fire in Paradise California. Too much destruction in this state hurting so many people. First the Carr fire here in Redding and now the Camp and Woolsey fires. You will get a great amp and help give a little help to these fellow humans. Any other TB sellers out there willing to do the same? Let's do our part!

6. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    As much as I appreciate all of the likes, an offer and sale would be better and do more for the fire victims. Plus you'll get a great amp too.:thumbsup:

7. These are amazing sounding amps - I do not understand how people aren’t tripping over themselves to buy this.

(I already have one that I paid a bunch more for, used!)

8. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    This is a real and honest, and just a bit anal, about his gear gentleman, I have purchased from him and it was a smooth deal, it was well packaged and shipped quickly. Buy with confidence, good gear plus good man equals a great sale and another happy TB'r!

Thumpin6string likes this.
  9. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Yes, I don't understand either. I thought these were pretty popular amps. Thanks for your post.

10. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    Thanks for the kind words. I appreciate it.

Stugilliam likes this.
  11. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Well, they're true! And they are a really good amp.

Thumpin6string likes this.
  12. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    I can't believe that I still have this. Where are all the Aguilar lovers?

rufus.K likes this.
  13. Thumpin6string

Apr 25, 2013
    Redding CA
    This blows my mind that there isn't even a trade offer on this.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

14. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    It really seems that if a amp isn't 1,000 watts and under 5 lbs. No one wants them! I still think a good fet amp sounds better than digital, that's why I bought your Carvin! Good luck to you, my friend!

15. fruitlabor

fruitlabor Gold Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2007
    I have a Highwayman WT500

16. Stugilliam

Stugilliam

Apr 28, 2016
    Eastern CT
    Interesting, so do I, I like the sound, I ran both SWR and Eden for a lot of years until I bought my EBS Fafner. Sometimes I feel that we get so caught up with the latest and greatest that we forget about all the great gear of the past.

Viggo51, fruitlabor and dpaulb like this.