1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar Agro vs Darkglass B3K(finland) DEMO

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by willbassyeah, Jul 31, 2012.

1. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Just did a video of b3k and aguilar agro, recorded through zoom b3, gallien krueger amp sim, through my crappy laptop camera

link here:

Summary of test

First test
    Aguilar- all knob at 12 except for presence, presence boost only
    B3k- all knobs at 12, attack switch off, grunt switch-raw

Second test
    Aguilar- saturation 3 oclock, presence 12
    B3k, drive at 3 blend at 2 attack switch-boost, grunt switch raw

Third test
    Aguilar- saturation 3 oclock, contour mid scooped- at3, presence 12
    B3k- blend 2, drive 3 , grunt at thin, attack boost

Fourth test
    Aguilar- saturation 3, presence 12, contour 9
    B3k-blend 2, drive 3, attack boost, grunt-fat

Btw, i think i dont give a good representation of how the b3k sounds, i totally forget the volume knob on the b3k is the volume of the drive not the total volume of the signal, thus, the b3k may seems to be softer, any suggestions to improve shoot me, and sorry for the lousy video editing:(

2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    :bag:Bump no one is flaming me

3. It seems to me like it would be better to get similar sounds on both and compare those, rather than the same control settings, which is like comparing a car to a plane when they are on ground (IDK, it's been a long day. Come up with your own comparison).

4. Filip Burdon

Filip Burdon

Jan 16, 2012
    Warsaw Poland
    Bass player in https://www.facebook.com/TamamShodProg/
    Would like to listen to that (the link does not work), and maybe here your opiniosn about what are the biggest differences between those two?

5. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Link does not work for me.... I am on my phone so maybe thats why. What is your opinion on the differences between these two pedals? Which do you prefer and why?

6. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

Oct 9, 2011
    Singapore
    Haha nope I deleted them... Realise I did very bad demo haha. Well in term of low end retention the darkglass is much better, as they have the blend knob. I find the aguilar to be hard to adjust in the live settings. Furthermore, the aguilar feedback when saturation is too high. I already sold my aguilar just because they are so hard to use live imo. But the tone of the overdrive is kinda in the same type of sound compared to the darkglass