1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

aguilar/ampeg

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bacehead, May 10, 2010.

1. bacehead

bacehead

Dec 3, 2008
    First, how does the aguilar tone hammer react with an ampeg svt III
    and
    second... why couldnt I just get a power amp and buy a Tone hammer, Sadowsky pre, and a I dont know lets say sansamp pre/DI and have three totally different amps?

just a thought....... really wanna know how the hammer reacts to the SVT III head. Slap sounds especially.

thanks sands

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    The pedal doesn't "react with" the amp you plug it into. If you want to know how the Ampeg sounds when fed signal from the pedal, basically the Tone Hammer can provide boost (which can overdrive the input of the Ampeg) and it can provide its own distortion, making the Ampeg sound even dirtier and more driven.

Lots of users plug the Tone Hammer straight into a power amp; Aguilar has posted several times on here that it was designed to be able to work that way.

The Sansamp is also able to drive a power amp no problem; the Sadowsky, I'm not sure. You'll want to look up threads that mention the Sadowsky pedal and see if the owners comment on whether they have driven a power amp with it.

Check the article on preamps in the FAQ in my sig for more info. :)

3. bacehead

bacehead

Dec 3, 2008
    Thanks, im not sure i would want to run into input but rather through the power amp. Trying to decide between getting the tone hammer or just saving and getting a new rig.... really interested in the Aguilar AG500sc and a GS cab.

4. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    The Sadowsky will not drive a power amp unless your bass is really hot and can drive it on it's own. At full volume with the Outboard EQ flat, it's at unity gain.