Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar amplifier question (??)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by westland, Dec 19, 2005.

1. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Has anyone here had any experience resetting the internal power switch on an any of the Aguilar amplifiers. I just purchased a DB659 preamp (the power plug is apparently the same between all of the Aguilar amps). I live in Hong Kong where the voltage is 220VAC. The unit I purchased is set to 120VAC ... but it appears that there is a jumper in the rear
    that will allow me to set this to 220VAC, and the specs note that the DB659 is internally switchable to 220vac.

Has anyone here made a switch in input voltage? How is this done?

Also, the power indicator bulb on the front panel has burnt out. I've pulled this out, but can't tell from the bulb what the voltage is. I'm presuming that this is 12volt (that's probably a standard for a panel indicator bulb) but would like confirmation before replacing it, if anyone has experience with this.

2. westland

westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Thanks ... I did and they got right back to me. There is a little square pc board that you pull out and turn 90 degrees to change the voltage ... very neat system

3. wimpy

wimpy

Aug 1, 2004
    Czech republic
    Hi!...I know is a few years after :smug: so the plate must be like on pic for 230V and you must replace fuse to in same position? thank you Wimpy