Aguilar bs112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by alex011085, Nov 2, 2002.

1. alex011085

May 19, 2002
    I just got one of these little babies and i love it. I'm pushing it with a swr sm-400 and it sounds great. I think it puts out a good amount of sound for i 12 and a horn. Its incredible how light thise thing is. Well i geuss anything seems light after luggin around an ampeg svt 810e. It has such a nice low end tone and it handles a low b.. A++++++ to aguilar
  2. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    I have two with a WT-400 driving them and love it.

I would change the title though. Since you have bs112 in the title, I thought this was going to be a flame of the *GS112*. :D
  3. Matt Morgan

Matt Morgan Fellow Conspirator Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2001
    Plano, TX
    Darn right! Aguilar gets a big thumbs up from me. You should drive a pair of them together. With a good amp, they'll shock you how loud and clear they are. I've gone to this set up after years of lugging 4x10s, 15s, 18s and 2x10s around. No more achin' back! Just my two cents.
  4. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Me too. I was thinking that it was a clever title for a GS112 flame thread. :)

brad cook
  5. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    better still, try it with a Bergie HT112...

6. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA

another vote for the bergie 112.

7. Our own Larry Kaye is selling me one of his and I'm getting another one in December. They will replace a GS410. I await them eagerly.
  8. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    I tried the Bergantino 1x12 side by side with the Aggie 1x12 using a Curbow 5 String and my Walkabout, and I preferred the Aguilar. Maybe I have just gotten used to the sound of the Aguilar. The Berg sounded a little sterile to my ears.

I did however fall in love with the Berg 322 (1x12" plus 2x10") cab they had at the shop. If I ever have a situation where I need to get that loud, that's probably what I'll get. At 90lbs, it doesn't currently have any justification, unfortunately.

I only use 1 GS112 at most gigs, coupled with an EA 1x8", but if I have to play a heavier (ie loud blues, freakout music) gig, the 2 1x12s move more than enough air for my needs.

10. chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    I use one with an SWR 750 with a KYDD 6 string EUB (electric upright) and it sounds so real, surreal. For bass guitar it 's not as fast as I prefer so I use SWR Goliath III 2x10 or 4x10s.
    Someone noted earlier what a good combination Aguilar cabs are with SWR heads. See ya. I thought the bs was a cut too!
  11. Dang near wet my pants when I saw this thread!

Just love my Aguilar with the WalkAbout... I'm saving my pennies for a second one.
  12. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I have the SWR SM500 and two Aguilar GS112s and it sounds awesome. Great setup and very portable.

13. alex011085

May 19, 2002
    My fault guys. I was too lazy to go make sure it was GS and not BS so i made a big mistake. I love my new cab. I'm running an swr sm-400 with it and i love th sound. good low end with a lot of punch. What i think is funny though, is my bass in its case and everything feels like it weighs about the same as my cab. HAHAHA
  14. At band practice today, I tried out my new GS112, in parallel with my CXM110, both pushed by my Fafner.

With a loud drummer and a guitarist using a Les Paul and a Boogie Mark IV, I had to turn up fairly loud to get the monstrous presence I'm used to, but man, what amazing punch! The low B response is awe-inspiring, too.

I can't wait to get another one.
  15. arose11

Sep 30, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    is this 4 or 8 ohms??
  16. I'm doing some preliminary research for a future amp rig purchase.

Has anybody compared a 1x12 cab to a 2x10 cab? How does the Aguilar GS112 hold up to an Aguilar, SWR or Eden 2x10, for example?

I'm curious about this because everyone seems to be raving about the aggie 1X12's and I'm wondering if I might just be as happy with a pair of 1x12's as with a pair of 2x10s. Pricewise, the pair of 1x12's would be nicer, but I'm trying to make this decision more on quality of sound and projection than money.
  17. I posted a thread like this one searching for a small, punchy cab and the response was in favor of the GS-112. I bought two and I've never looked back. What a joy it is to carry them. Beats the heck out of carrying 2-15 cabs! Most of the time one cabinet is plenty.

As far as comparing them to 210's I would say that they are different and it's going to depend on your own taste. This being said, two 1-12's really move some air! I love my 210 as well but at the end of the night I would rather have two very light cabinets to carry.

Cheers to everyone who recommended these cabinets!