Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar cab impedance questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jasonbraatz, May 14, 2002.

1. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    can you get the 2x10 in 4 ohm or just 8 ohm?

what's the impedance of the 2x12?

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    you can get them either way, but come usually in 8 ohm. you can also have a tech wire it for you in 4 ohm. 2x12's are 4 ohm.

3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Actually, you can get the 2x12 in 8 ohms, as well. That's what Dave went with when he picked his up.

4. Indeed. I've got both an 8-ohm 2x10 and an 8-ohm 2x12, which makes a nice, big, loud 4-ohms! Say it with me.. ohhhhhhhhhhhmmmmmm...

5. Dave, why don't you come up to Chicago this weekend and bring your rig so I can hear it. Ha! I'm breakin' a sweat waiting to hear you and Bassmonk's A/B before the price goes up. I still can't find a Ag 212 around here to try. Can you believe it, an area as big as Chicago... There seem to be an abundance of the gs112 though. GASSSSS.:rolleyes:

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Biggie,

have you visited Make n' Music? that place has everything boutique under the sun. i'd think they would have one.

7. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    price going up? poop.

i dunno - had a thought for a second of replacing my goliath jr/triad setup with an aggie 2x10 & 2x12...

but we'll see ;)

8. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    My thinking exactly! I plan on eventually getting a 2x12" Aguilar to go with my 2x10". It would have a killer low end, and the Aguilar cabs are so clear sounding. We'll see.... :D

9. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    After hearing Dave's 2x12 and 2x10 with my DB750, I can safely say that you would not be disappointed with the sound.

10. Hey Joker. Yep, bought lots of stuff at Makin Music, they are very familiar and in fact I just got off the phone with John. He's checking if they are going to get a 212. They do in fact have everything else in Aguilar. They have a Bergantino 212 I want to a/b too. So many choices. That comment I made about a Ag price increase is just hear say from Talkbass string. Sorry I should be more careful, why give them any ideas...