1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar cabs vs Eden vs SWR

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by AndrewClaycomb, Feb 20, 2008.

1. OK, I've been playing SWR cabs for many years now and have been happy with their sound, but being pretty heavy cabs it seems that I could find a better tone out of something else that hopefully doesn't weigh as much. After seeing different reviews on different cabs, the ones that peak my interest are Aguilar and Eden. I've never had the chance to play any of their gear but something tells me I would love both lines. Can anybody recommend a specific model to try or give some insight on the sound of the different cabinets. I currently have a Goliath Jr. and a Son of Bertha as seen in these pics. Again I'm happy with the tone but I'm looking for something different. I'm particularly interested in 12"s now. I definitely like a tight sound. For this reason I've never played an Ampeg cabinet that I liked.

2. bassman639

bassman639

Dec 23, 2006
    northeast ,pa
    Don't know bout the aggies, but,EDEN I do, i have two d112XLTs and two D210XLTS ,the 112s are light , and have a mid bump and are agressive ,one is a decent sound but two or more, they are little monsters, the 210s are tight and also have a mid bump growl two even better, also if you want a smoother and deeper cab, the 210xst is also in big demand, many eden users have one 210 xst and one 210 xlt, or two 112s and one 210 xst,and if you want something old school in the 12s, the eden d212xlt gives you that, and add a 210 xst to that, well just great, lots of times i just use my two 112s or one 112 and one 210 , just awesome,

now if you go to www.eden-electronics.com you can check all that they have and check in the eden forum and read up, good luck

3. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    There are do many options. I have an Eden 410XLT which is the punchiest most agressive 410 I have ever heard. I also have the above mentioned killer combo of a 210XST and 210XLT which is quite different sounding then the single 410XLT. The 210XST is ungodly deep but still tight and focussed. This cab handles 500 watts alone and when paired with pretty much any other cab, you have more useable low end then most people would ever need.

I think the cabs you have now are pretty cool, but the Eden stuff is my preference.

4. edens are not light, and neither are the aggies really... at least not gonna be much lighter than your SWR stuff... you need to look at neo speakers if you want to go lighter than where you are IMO

5. Liten

Liten

Jan 26, 2007
    Sweden
    +1.. the aggie isnt light.. the db810 weighs in @ 185punds.. :help:

But its the best [insert fowl language] speaker Ive ever played through..

To Each His/Her Own..