1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar Chorusaurus vs Dunlop MXR M83 Bass Chorus Deluxe w/5 string

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Maiden Bass, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    Has anyone done a direct comparison of these two pedals on an active 5 string? Which one did you like better? I need to add a chorus pedal for slower songs, but not sure which one to get, and I'm a little worried about how it's going to affect the low end. These 2 pedals seem like they are probably the best choices. Any info about these or other chorus pedals with an active 5 string would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    :bassist:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  2. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I have a Chorusaurus coming in one of these days to do a shoot out between all of the chori that I currently have.

A few others that I would look at are the Iron Ether Polytope and the Tech 21 Boost Chorus Bass.

blindrabbit likes this.
  3. Maiden Bass

Maiden Bass Banned

Feb 11, 2007
    Thanks! Please post back after you test it out!

4. Amplified

Amplified

Jan 19, 2014
    Cyberspace
    Very interested in the results.

5. i don't know about the chorusaurus or active 5 strings, but the mxr bass chorus deluxe is very low end friendly. even with the cross over disengage, lowend is still prominent.

the chorusaurus has a blend knob, so lowend should be good. ​

6. i came across this mxr bcd amazon ad.

Great little Bass Chorus box, even with 5 string. It has both bass & treble controls which allows an additional EQ setting when activated. The intensity, rate and width allows for wide range of adaptability for that perfect setting. I love the flanger function, but I wish it had an independent stomp footswitch to be able to add as wanted or needed midstream. I have found times when I like it both in or out.

Good solid box with virtually zero line noise in the chain. Highly recommend.

7. Hawk99TA

Hawk99TA

Jan 5, 2018
    Salisbury, NC
    This is an older thread. By now there should be some people with experience with both of these. Lets hear it folks. Lol.

AndreaM likes this.
  8. AndreaM

AndreaM

Feb 28, 2018
    I'm interested in hearing about the comparison results, too. Guys? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Hawk99TA likes this.
  9. blmartin2215

blmartin2215

Feb 14, 2006
    dallas
    I just ordered a Chorussuarus, I will report back soon!