1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB 210 vs Bergantino HD 210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dmucha, Jun 26, 2014.

1. dmucha

dmucha

Jul 22, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Sorry if this has been discussed before. Any thoughts on the Aggie vs the Berg?

I understand the Aggie had a bit more mid bite.

Running a GenzBenz GBE 1200 - Lakland, MusicMan, Fender basses. Mostly Rock gigs

2. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    For rock gigs? Probably the Aguilar. In terms of overall quality? Most definitely the Bergantino.

Either way, with a GBE 1200 you've got a huge amount of horsepower for a mere 2x10 cab. Hope you go easy on the master volume. That amp head is nearly as big as the cab!

MM

3. dmucha

dmucha

Jul 22, 2007
    Buffalo, NY
    Sorry, small rock gigs. I also have a genz Benz 410 and Aguilar 212

4. Killens84

Killens84 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    I'm resurrecting this thread. I'd like to know more about the direct comparison of these two cabs. I own two Bergantino HD210's that I run with my Aguilar Tone Hammer 500. I'm curious what differences the Aggie DB210's would have.

5. Killens84

Killens84 Supporting Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Mississippi
    I'd like some more info on the comparisons of these two cabs. Both sensitivities are rated the same. The Berg HD210 is rated for 400 watts, whereas the Aggie DB210 is rated for 350 watts. But the Aggie goes down to 41 Hz, and the Berg goes down to 44 Hz. Anyone had a real life comparison between the two?

6. Forget the numbers. .. almost all QUALITY 210s would handle about 200-250w tops ime. If you can try em out, just get the one that you like best. The specs on freq range aren't really very useful for bass.... Again. .ime.