Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB 359 Bass Head

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by The Jazz Lawyer, Feb 17, 2004.

1. FS $1400 plus shipping. I have for sale an Aguilar DB 359 head. I love this amp and found it very hard to decide to sell it, however, I just don’t use it as much as I’d like to in order to justify keeping it (I usually play through the DB 680 and DB 728). The tone of this amp is just so rich and fat, it is truly awesome. Don’t be mislead by the 200-watt power rating, this amp is very powerful. Aguilar is very conservative (or should I say accurate) about their power ratings. I have used this amp with a single Aguilar 1x12, two Aguilar 1x12s, 2 EA 1x10s and the Aguilar 4x10 always with a great sound and plenty of power. I had a carrying bag custom-made for it by Mooradian to keep it in good condition which I will include with the sale (SKG cases don’t work well with this amp). I have had the amp maintained by Aguilar exclusively. I am very particular about my equipment therefore you will find this amp to be in excellent condition. New, this amp is selling for more than $3,000. I am selling this one for $1400 plus shipping (I have the original shipping box which I will use for shipping). (See www.aguilaramp.com for more info). Feel free to call or email with questions.

Here’s what Aguilar says about the DB 359: The Aguilar DB 359 is a 2-rack space powerhouse of fat, warm bass tone. The solid steel chassis means this amp will be on the road with you for a long time. The DB 359's preamp design employs the same tube gain stages as the world famous DB 680. Also, the DB 728 amp design was used in the power section of the head. These features combined with Aguilar's reputation for quality in design and manufacture make the DB 359 Bass Head an important milestone in bass amplification

Power Output: 200 watts @ 2, 4, or 8 ohms. 2 ohms requires a simple modification.
    Preamp Section: Two 12AX7's and one 12AU7
    Power Section: Four 6550Cs and two toroidal transformers
    Transformers: Custom designed toroidal output transformer for ultra-wide bandwidth. Power transformer is also toroidal.
    Equalization: Tube-driven shelving type treble (+/ - 12dB @4kHz), mid (+/ - 12dB @ 400Hz), and bass (+/ - 12dB @ 40Hz) controls.
    Effects Loop: Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level; return pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation.
    Inputs: One passive and one active input jack.
    Outputs: Two 1/4" speaker output jacks and one Jenson XLR balanced output (-32dB pre- and post-EQ) with a ground lift switch.
    Cooling: High quality whisper fan.
    Power Requirement: 100, 120, 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
    Dimensions: 17 1/8" deep.
    Rack Size: Two spaces
    Weight: 50 lbs.
    Warranty: Ten year limited warranty.
    Retail List Price: $3795.00

FS $1400 plus shipping

2. Seems like I may have set the price too high so I reduced to $1400 plus shipping.

3. I may list this on eBay by the end of the week if no interest here. Let me know before I do....

4. reduced to $1350

5. There are now three of these amps for sale here on TB. They all sound like they are in good shape. Make the best offer and you could be the owner of one of these beauties for a good price......

6. Thanks Doc! Enjoy!