Aguilar Db 359

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jeff Haley, May 25, 2002.

1. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I played my Aguilar DB 359 on my gig tonight and twice it cut out on me. I turned the amp off and back on and it was ok. Does anyone have any suggestons on why this might happen? I was playing
    pretty loud. The master volume was at 7. Other than that the head sounded great. I play it thru 2 Aguilar 112 cabs. Thanks for the response.
  2. Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Was it clipping? Sorry, I don't know anything about tube amps so everybody can have a good laugh at my solid state expense!
  3. AndyGL

Nov 20, 2000
    Wellsville, NY
    Somethings not right...That should not be happening. Call or e-mail Aguilar.
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

that aint no good surprise. could be a heat or fuse issue. hope you got thru the rest of the gig ok. but man, the tone musta rocked with a pair of GS112. if it cut out on me, i'd be mad bummed... :(
  5. I agree with Andy and you should really contact Aguilar about your problem. Maybe it's normal, although i doubt it, but only they can tell you for sure.
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    What is the ohmage of the 2 cabs you're using? If you're running a low ohm load, what you described might happen.

I third giving Aguilar a call/email.
  7. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I was running it at 4 ohms. I'm using two 112 Aguilar cabs . They are both 8 ohms. Thanks for the response . I will call Aguilar next week.
  8. Did you set the amp head for a 4 ohm load?
  9. I had the same exact problem with my Ampeg SVT II Pro. I emailed Ampeg, and the guy said that there was probobly something wrong with the power tubes, (although who knows). It's funny, because I'm considering getting rid of my SVT II Pro, and getting an Aguilar SB 359.

I'd be interested to hear what the problem is with your amp when you find out. Good look.