1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB 410 / DB 750 Case Options

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brad Hanback, May 20, 2011.

1. Brad Hanback

Brad Hanback Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    Hey guys...

I'm looking at getting ATA cases made for my DB 410 and DB 750.

On the cabinet, I'm trying to decide between a live-in case or a normal cabinet case with a removable lid over tray design.

On the DB 750, I'm trying to decide between putting it in a shock rack or buying the Aguilar head case and having a rolling case ATA case to fit the head case in.

Any words of wisdom from my TB friends?

Thanks!!!

2. Brad Hanback

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    Any thoughts?

3. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks I build Grosbeak Guitars and Basses Commercial User

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Grosbeak Guitars
    Well I don't think either way would be bad as far as functionality or protection goes, its more a matter of preference.

If it were me, I'd either do a live in case with the shock rack OR the regular case with the Aguilar head case and separate ATA rolling case for the head. Thats mainly my preference for aesthetics though.

I think I would choose the regular case with the separate rolling case. Those DB cabs are too nice to keep all covered up all the time. Then again, if you really want your stuff to stay as new looking as possible. the live in/shock mount route is the way to go.

Tough decision! lol

4. Show off the tolex.

5. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    I don't really trust regular racks with a head of this weight and a shock mount rack adds a lot of additional weight to an already heavy head and is bulky and awkward looking on the stack.

I had a custom head case made by X Cases
    http://xcasewholesale.com/

I had the idea for a vertical insert and vertical carry position/spring loaded handles on the side. The case is closer to your core when carrying and is very manageable.
    Snug fit, thick foam, tough hardware - great protection.

6. Brad Hanback

Dec 16, 2007
    North Alabama
    I did go with X Case for my 3 cases. I went with a lid over tray design for my DB 410 and GS 112. I did the Aguilar Head Case and the regular amp case for the DB 750. I decided to show off the Tolex. :)

7. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    Good to hear - I was very pleased with their communication, pricing production time and product.