Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB 750

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by gruuv, Feb 26, 2005.

1. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    You all know the amp. This one is a year old and in excellent condition. Just practiced on and used twice at church (it kills in band context), only a couple of rack scratches on top keep it from being mint. I just need the money or I would not be selling this phenomenal amp. $1650 + shipping.

2. rayzak

rayzak

Jan 13, 2001
    Louisville, KY
    Just wanted to say that gruuv is a great, honest, just a good guy to deal with. I bought my Aggie AG500 from him over a month ago and I couldn't have had a better experience... or made a better decision for myself. Thanks, gruuv.

3. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Many thanks for the kind words... and the bump :D I can honestly say all the same about rayzak.

4. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Bump. . .

5. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Just a note that shipping via FedEx Ground (packed well, with lots of bubble wrap, peanuts, etc...) shouldn't be more than $20 or so to most of the eastern half of the U.S. and maybe a bit more going out west. Just in case that was a concern for anyone looking. . .

6. Senor SQUID

Senor SQUID Guest

Jan 11, 2004
    :hyper:

7. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    And bump

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i tried a DB750 thru an Epifani NYC 3x10 the other day, and holy freakin'!!! a match made in heaven. :hyper:

bump for a killer amp.

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Bump for one of the best amps I've played.

10. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    Hey--I'd just like to suggest that you ship the head via UPS. I had a DB750 "disappear" while in Fedex custody. They never let me see a box or anything....meaning it was a "total loss". I figure somebody lifted it.

And bump!

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just recently had an issue with Fed Ex myself. I'll never use them again.

12. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    They completely destroyed a $3K custom PC I ordered. What a nightmare. Grrr. :spit:

Sorry to clutter this thread. Actually, if this amp is still here in a few weeks (not likely ;) ), I might be sending you a PM.

13. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    If you insure it, you should be fine.

14. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    That stinks! Thanks for the heads up. . . I've always had better experience with FedEx than UPS though :confused: I don't know, I guess there are a couple of other shipping agents out there. Anyone try them?

15. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    USA
    I think maybe the thing to do is--regardless of which shipper you use--pack the head in an unmarked box. These amps are really getting well known and the factory box has "Aguilar DB750" written right there on the side.

Put it in an unmarked box or double box it and you'll be fine. Sorry to jack the thread--this is one of the world's great bass amps and you're selling it for a decent price.

So, bump.

16. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    Still available. . .

17. PM sent

18. gruuv

gruuv

Jan 23, 2004
    Tennessee
    SOLD