Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Aguilar DB-900 DI

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by KingOfAmps, Feb 19, 2003.

1. What can I expect from this unit? What are a few words that definitely describe the results at the mixer?

2. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I've had the chance to try the AguilarDB-900 DI and IMO it's not that much better than the JDV Radical Engineering di box or the Whirl Wind 'Hotbox"which both are less exspensive than the Aguilar.

3. Thanks for the input man! My experience has been relegated to the Countryman. And while I'm very happy with it I've been tempted to try "better" things. The DB900 sounds interesting; hard to find one to try out though. At $500 I'm not gonna "hope for the best".

4. BassPulsar

BassPulsar

Oct 16, 2002
    Portugal
    What about the Avalon U5?
    I've not tried one yet, but from what I've read this is the best unit in the market.
    I am now recording using a Sansamp BDDI and I'm very happy with the sound.

Best Regards.

5. I've not tried one either but based purely on the way in which I've heard them described elsewhere, they are too Hi-Fi'ish and clean, clean, clean. I'm actually trying to introduce a tad of warmth and color into the sound.

6. hands5

hands5

Jan 15, 2003
    good 'ol USA/Tampa fla.
    none
    I also have a Countryman,as a matter of fact,it was my 1st DI .However Samson has 1 on the market right now that cost around $50-$55 dollars that can hang with the best of them.I would suggest that you try the Whirlwind "Hotbox"also