1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar db 925

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shirojiro, Feb 25, 2021.

1. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    Hi folks,
    I just purchased an Aguilar Db 925 preamp here on Talkbass, and I’m wondering if any of you have found that it distorts easily.

I have only tried it with a Warwick Rockbass Corvette $$ 5 string so far. The preamp actually sounds awesome with this bass. The issue is that the input overdrives unless I dial back on the bass volume.

The Warwick has a pretty high output, but it isn’t as hot as my Stingray 5 string.

I sent an email to Aguilar to see if there’s an internal trim pot or anything.

anyone else have this issue?

thanks!

2. shirojiro

shirojiro

Jan 24, 2001
    San Francisco
    For any of you who care - heard back from tech support at Aguilar Amplification. There is no internal trim pot for gain adjustment.
    It also cannot run at 18 v to gain headroom and will be damaged with 18 v application per the folks at Aguilar.

3. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I have that Pre and for a small 2 tone pedal its amazing. FET Bass and Treble. with 18 db on both. Very similar to the Sadowsky. I use 9v only. These pedals were not made for 18 v power. I bought the Aguilar to put at the beginning of my pedalboard (before the buffer) and using the sadowsky when I don't need the pedals. I love the simplicity of both.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 22, 2021