1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB112 vs DB210

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by HMZ, Dec 8, 2011.

1. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    I use to own 2 DB210 cabs and I regrettably sold them. I have been looking around at 1x12 cabinets and was wondering do the DB112 cabs sound similar to the DB210? I loved the mid range punch of the 210's. unfortunitly I have been unable to try the DB112's in a store.

2. HMZ

HMZ Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2003
    USA-Mineola
    Anyone?

3. Highpost

Highpost

Feb 14, 2011
    ny. nyc
    I have gs 210 and 112. The 210 has a low mid bump thats hard to eq out and that cuts like a knife in a band setting. The 112 sounds fat full and focused. Blends in better with a kick drum. The 210 better for slapping nice and punchy but diffuse and not as focused as the 112. I place the 112 on top of the 210 and it sounds like a wall of bass. Full frequency. Sometimes I put the cabs on both sides of the drummer . They are both easier to carry than a 115. Even though I prefer the low mids of a 115.