1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB115 VS Mesa Powerhouse 1x15. Can anyone compare them?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lex P., May 4, 2010.

1. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    I was hoping somebody here has compared the Aguilar DB115 and the Mesa Powerhouse 1x15.

I know the Mesa has a horn but I would probably turn it off. They weigh the same and have about the same cabinet volume.

Anybody?

2. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    The DB 115 looks a little like a TL 606... I haven't use a DB 115, so I won't comment other than I've owned Powerhouse 115s and liked them a lot.

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    I'm on the other side of the fence from Matt. I have - and LOVE - my DB115 cab, but I haven't used the Mesa cab, so I can't give you a comparison.

4. Matt Dean

Matt Dean Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2007
    SF (North) Bay Area
    I suspect they're both fine sounding cabs... what kind of amp are you planning on using? If Mesa, I'd say go Mesa cab; if Aguilar, go Agi.
    I do believe that matching amp and cab manufacturers is generally a good idea.

At least with Mesa, my experience has been that Mesa heads sound really good with Mesa cabs.

5. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    It will be with my Aguilar DB751. I feel gas free for amplifiers since I acquired it.

I am leaning toward the DB115.

I can test the Mesa 1x15 at the local GC but the Aguilar not so much.