1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB212 Issue

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dbenson32, Nov 4, 2013.

1. dbenson32

dbenson32

Aug 23, 2012
    PG County Maryland
    Endorsing Artist: Xotic, Fuchs, Curt Mangan
    Bought a TH500 to pair with an Aguilar DB212 and just received the used 212 today from GC.

Played the Tone Hammer through a couple of different cabs and none sounded like this. Was wondering if one of the speakers were blown in my DB212? It's the 4 ohm version. I decided to upload a quick video with some seriously sloppy playing just to document what I was hearing. Cell phone audio isn't great but you get the idea. The distortion I was hearing was only slightly enhanced w/ the cell audio.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, since I have no previous experience with the Aguilar products.

-Dave

2. Roland GR 88

Roland GR 88

Sep 16, 2013
    Whitby
    Sounds like GC sold you a sh** speaker. There are a few stories on this forum about GC selling used and busted gear. I can't imagine any store doing that without a firm and clear notice to the buyer that the product is "as is". With a good speaker that amp should sound great. Call the store, raise some hell, get your money back and shop somewhere else. What did you pay for it ? A single db112 may not be much more expensive and has received great reviews with that head. A lot of people get a single db112 and add a second later as funds allow. I have a Bergantino CN212 with the TH500 and it sounds awesome. Good luck working it out, your work and money deserve better.

3. dbenson32

dbenson32

Aug 23, 2012
    PG County Maryland
    Endorsing Artist: Xotic, Fuchs, Curt Mangan
    Thanks for the advice. I got a pretty decent deal. $531 shipped. Doesn't matter though if it's defective.