1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Aguilar DB212 vs DB112 stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by afroman, Apr 6, 2009.

1. afroman

afroman Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I've done a lot of searching and reading here in TB, but didn't find that much info.

I own a DB112 and Db410.
    I actually prefer the sound of the DB112 so I wanted to know if anyone can compare for me the DB212 vs a DB112 stack and even with the DB410.

I've learned to prefer the sound of 12s and the DB212 70lbs. seems very nice compared to my heavy DB410 98lbs. and even the DB112 stack at about 85lbs.

Any insight is welcome.
    Thanks in advance.

2. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    :meh::meh:

3. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
    I think the 212 may sound more cohesive, tighter, and mid-rangey. I think the 112 stack would have deeper bass, less tightness and punch, and a more scooped sound. I have never tried these cabs, just a hunch.

4. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thanks!
    Will wait for others to chime in.

What you describe the 212 to be, is exactly what I'd be looking for.

5. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    I don't have experience with the 112 stack but I've owned both the GS and DB 212. Initially I thought I wasn't a 12's kinda guy, but after trying both GS and DB 410 I realized that 12's were indeed for me. I think the DB212 gives me all the balance I need in terms of quick response, tightness, mids and low end. I don't like zingy treble so I keep the tweeter at noon and all is perfect with this cab. I thought about selling it, even posted it here, cause I thought a 112 stack would be easier to move around, but I just can't go through with it - I love this cab! I have read other posts that a 112 stack would have more low end, being that they are deeper.

6. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Seems I have the same taste in sound as you.
    I've owned almost all Aguilar cabs (GS, S & DB).

Now I only have a DB410 and DB112 and I actually use the DB112 a lot more and I like it's sound even more (gigs with PA of course). It has crossed my mind to get the DB212 and get rid of my DB410, I prefer the sound of 12s and the 30lbs difference is a big plus, now that I'm carrying my own gear again.

1stchopper likes this.
  7. Ryan Mohr

Ryan Mohr

Oct 23, 2007
  8. afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thanks. I'd already read it, but now I bookmarked it.

9. Lunchbox4u_6

Lunchbox4u_6

Dec 1, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I have the DB112 stack and it's awesome, it's really punchy and warm as well. I'm rocking a Thunderfunk head and can dial in everything from wonderful vintage slap to chest rattling low B love!