Aguilar DB410 to 2 x Sl112s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by davelake, May 4, 2017.

1. davelake

davelake

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey guys,

So i'm thinking about switching from my DB410 to 2 sl112. Has anyone made this switch?
    Have you enjoyed your decision?

The portability of the sl112's is a huge factor for me as the DB410 is just SO heavy! Plus I played through a DB412 the other day and loved the sound i was getting with 12" speakers.

My stage volume is pretty low as we usually close mic the cabs and run them into our in ears. Or I run DI quite often. Usually no higher than 11 o'clock on the TH500 into a 8ohm cab with all knobs at noon.

I play anything from folk and jazz to classic and hard rock.

2. As long as you're willing to loose a lot of low end (the sl line is a lot shyer in the lows than the DB line), then you will be fine.

johnny_bolt likes this.
  3. davelake

davelake

Oct 18, 2011
    Really? I didn't know they dropped that much. Ive actually never heard them live.

4. johnpbass

johnpbass

Feb 18, 2008
    Glen Mills, PA
    How about 2 DB112s? They weigh about 45 pounds each, IIRC, but you could schlep one at a time, or just bring 1 for smaller gigs.

CL400Peavey likes this.
  5. They are voiced differently. And that is how different product lines work. Try them, see if they suit you.

6. I reckon that you would be happier with two DB112. Lightweight neo cabs don't have the same depth of delivery of heavier ceramic cabs in my experience of the Bergantino AE112 and HT112ER.

7. davelake

davelake

Oct 18, 2011
    Cool! Thanks so much for the feedback everyone. 2 db112s may be a nice compromise between the db410 and the sl112.

8. +1 to what most have said.
    If you like the sound of the DB models whether it's 10's or 12's then stay with DB's. The SL's have their own sound, as does the GS series. I have GS and DB 12's. I like those but didn't care for the SL.

9. That is absolutely not generally true. The weight of the cab has nothing to do with the depth of tone. The design of the speaker does though.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021