1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar db412 speaker Inputs. which one do I use?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by akaTRENT, Apr 10, 2010.

1. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Hey guys loving my new aggy cab but I had a question. There is n manual for the cab. It has 2 1/4 jacks and 1 speakon. I use a 1/4 cable to Input so which of the two Inputs am I supposed to be using/ what is the difference?

2. They are all in parallel so use any.

Paul

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Unless you are using a low-power amp, I'd use the speakon.

P.S. Bet that's a killer cab -- congrats!

4. tony_clifton

tony_clifton

Nov 14, 2009
    You can only use one speakon or one jack to connect the cab to an amplifier. The jacks are wired so that the second always functions as a link jack to connect another cab. (for amps with only one output, if those should exist).

5. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Im still confused what paul and tony have said seems to conflict... heres a picture.
    [​IMG]

What I am understanding is that I doesn't matter which 1/4 i plug into...
    and depending on that I would use the other one as only an output to another cab and not as a second input?

I am used to the ampeg 8x10 It has 3 jacks. 1 is for the top 4x10 the 2nd is for all 8x10

and the third is for the bottom 4x10

then there is a 4th jack that acts as an out,
    Please advise. Thanks guys!

6. Use any ONE - but only ONE

It does not matter.

7. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    So one is just a backup?

8. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    You can use any one of the jacks including the speakon to connect to your amp; but use only one.
    You can use the remaining jacks on cabs to connect an additional cabinet or"daisy chain" to the same amp.

The idea is to be able to add cabinets, but not more heads.

Hope this is helpful.

bassproduction likes this.
  9. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    Dave, That is exactly what I was confused about! Thank you! I'm loving this cab btw. First show with it tomorrow. I cant wait to use it at webster hall in 2 weeks.

10. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Dave, to me the bolded 'to' above might be confusing to some who don't know.

Might be better to use the word 'off': i.e. "You can use the remaining jacks on cabs to connect an additional cabinet or 'daisy chain' off the same amp."

Wouldn't want someone to think that you run another cable back from one or more cabs back to the same amp after chaining them together (at least, I assume that would not be recommended).

[Just my OCD coming out -- sorry.]

For the person asking, in a typical situation where you might chain two cabs off one amp (assuming the resulting impedance matched what the amp is recommended for), you'd have:

[ AMP---speaker-cable---CAB---speaker-cable---CAB ] using any of the three connectors on the back or your DB412.

11. Aguilar/Dave B.

Aguilar/Dave B. Aguilar Amplification Commercial User

Nov 8, 2003
    New York City
    President: Aguilar Amplification
    Sure, that makes it clear(er). Thanks!

12. akaTRENT

akaTRENT

Jan 10, 2009
    New Jersey
    This thread is an example of why I joined tb over a year ago, thanks again everyone!