1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar db412 vs Bergantino nv412

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by twoby15, Jan 6, 2017.

1. twoby15

twoby15

Sep 11, 2016
    Has anyone tried both? I've been playing flats on a hofner and rickenbacker into an orange ad200. I'm not looking for super modern sounding. I play loud stoner/garage.

2. thedovewarlord

thedovewarlord

Dec 29, 2010
    NY
    Hi, i've never tried the Bergantino but I own the DB412 and it is absolutely gargantuan in terms of tone and richness. Loud? it is a beast!!! I play Fender P's through it, all strung with flats and one tuned down to C for Queens of the Stone Age stuff my band plays and it's beyond my expectations. i love it.

3. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    Both are two great cabs although I would expect the Bergantino to be of higher quality than the Aguilar. It seems like the aguilar stuff was mainly voiced to work together as an aguilar team - aguilar cab, aguilar amp.

I tried the aguilar stuff on other cabs than aguilar (epifani, tc electronic, markbass, gk) and I was never able to quite get the tone as I could on an aguilar cab.

May not matter to you though. I say try both if you can and decide based on the vibe you get. If you don't have that option, I would personally have gone with Berg to be honest.

svtb15 likes this.
  4. thedovewarlord

thedovewarlord

Dec 29, 2010
    NY
    @Sparkl to my ears and eyes, this Aguilar is top-notch, If Bergantino's are higher quality, can't imagine what I'm missing. Though I'm not even considering replacing my cab, I will try a Bergantino just out of curiosity. They are highly regarded on TB so they must be pretty special.

BTW, my DB412 is paired with a GK 700RB and together they sound tremendous, at any volume. Lush, and warm but very articulate. Exactly what I was after. So that's an option that is working for me. May be true what you're saying about their heads need to match their cabs, but that cabinet brought the best out of my GK.

@twoby I play QOTSA stoner/garage but also some reggae, Janes Addiction, Led Zep, STP... hard rock n roll and my rig cranks. So many people speak highly about Begantino you should research and try both if you can. Something tells me I think you'll love the DB412 but try what you can.

TMARK likes this.
  5. Sparkl

Sparkl

Apr 23, 2011
    Europe
    I agree. By higher quality I meant build quality, sound wise they are both great cabs.

But, as I said, if you already have an amp one should try them both in person and see for themselves which cab performs best with your current amp. Unless you plan on changing the amp anyways - then you have some crazy combos to try out.

Even though I stated that I would personally go with berg cabs I was actually considering getting an aguilar db rig for myself up to a month ago, when I placed my order on a barefaced big twin 2.

Ironic ha :) just shows that both are great brands and offer top notch gear.

6. TMARK

TMARK

Jan 10, 2012
    Richmond VA
    Aguilar DB cabs are really well built. I can't really contemplate better build than the DB. Sure, better design, but build quality is tops.

The DB412 is SICK. So loud, small ports give it an old school sealed cab vibe but then you get the bass too.

I had a DB 212 that sounded incredible with Mesa 400+, Mesa Big Block, Ad200, Ampeg SVT, Ampeg V4B. And a DB751. Just fantastic cabs.

I'm not knocking Bergs at all. Nice cabs. I like the NV series a bunch.