1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB680 & Avalon 737

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Mar 1, 2008.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I have a 737 that I am very happy with. Right now, a preamp is not my greatest need, as a pair of 1x12s would serve me much greater than another pre would. However, I've found myself drooling over the DB680 VERY much over the past few weeks.
    Am I ridiculous for wanting a 680 when I have the 737? Would picking up the Aggie be a bit of a redundancy at this point?

2. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Self control, mate.
    Not fun like a snack but ultimately more nourishing.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    frankly,

i'm just too butterfingers with my gigging gear, so i couldnt imagine gigging with such a fine piece of incredible outboard gear.

have you tried the 680? obviously, it isnt nearly as hifi as the avalon. the 680 is definitely one of the more versatile and hifi sounding bass preamps for sure, but you'll definitely be disappointed by the 680. yet, its EQ makes it an incredible tool for live work and even finding that sound that'll just SIT in whatever mix you're thrown into. i'm always on the fence about selling it, cause my epifani head is plenty for my needs, but the 680 is one fine piece of bass equipment.