1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB680 w/footswitch & SKB Rack- $950 shipped CONUS

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Seattle_BassMan, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    Up for sale is my beloved Aguilar DB680 w/footswitch and shipped in an 2 space SKB rack (and boxed of course) - NEW PRICE OF $900 shipped CONUS. I LOVE this preamp!!!

So why would I sell it? Well, it's a classic gear whore story. I had recently posted my Genz-Benz Shuttle combo for sale and today it sold. So, I drive to BassNW to get a proper factory shipping box. I walk in the door and there it is....placed in such a way as to catch my eyes as soon as I walk through the door.....the only thing that could possibly get me to consider selling my dear DB680......yes...that's right.....a beautiful...DB750!!!

So, I go in to BassNW to pickup a box (for free) and I walk out with a DB750 (and a little poorer, but worth it).

And that is the story as to why my DB680 is for sale. In my view the 750 is the only thing that could possibly replace the 680. And some would argue that the 680 is better in some regards. I just really wanted the simplicity and all in one nature of the 750.

Now, my DB680 is not one of those that sat around in my bedroom and never saw the light of day or a gig. However, it works perfectly, has never let me down and sounds as great today as it did when I got her. That's not to say that it's beat to hell either. It just has some signs of usage. So, if you're looking for the completely mint 680, this is perhaps not for you. But if you're looking for a 680 in good shape that sounds "minty", then this is just what you need.

As far as I know, Aguilar has stopped making these preamps completely. That means that there is a limited supply of these bad boys now, so if it's quite possible these will be become collectors items one day :D

I'm shipping the Genz out on Tues morning. So, if you buy tonight, I can send the Aggie at the same time. If you've been thinking about getting an Aggie, this is the time to do it. You will never regret owning a DB680!!

Attached Files:

2. Melo

Melo

Feb 19, 2007
    Snohomish, WA
    Around how old is it, and what's the serial number?
    Thanks,
    Mel...

3. mophead

mophead

Oct 24, 2004
    Texas Panhandle
    Curious to know if you can compare the DB750 to a Genz 1200? I am on the fence as to which one to try. Seems the Genz has a little more power for a little less coin. Haven't had the opportunity to try either. Maybe the 680 with a CA9? That could end up about the same price as the DB750 or close anyway.

4. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    Serial # is 2315 . I believe it's around 2 1/2 to 3 years old. I've had it a little over a year and I bought it from the original owner who (IIRC) had it for about a year. He said he had only used it in his house and a couple of rehearsals.

5. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    mophead - I have no experience with the Genz 1200. I liked the GB Shuttle 6.0, but it wasn't quite the same tone as the DB680. And the DB680 has enormous flexibilty for tone shaping enthusiasts (even more so than the 750). My opinion (FWIW) is that if you're really into having detailed control over the shape of your tone, then a DB680 is better than the 750. To my ears the overall tonal characteristics are very similar between the two.

I play country music, so I really just need one good clean tone (for the most part) and I find that the 750 set pretty much flat works great for my needs. The 680 was really overkill from a flexibility standpoint for me.

Oh, and btw, the tube DI's on both the 680 & the 750 are TO DIE FOR :)

For pure flexibiliy AND great tone it would be hard to go wrong with a 680 and a great power amp.

6. YCBass

YCBass

Aug 29, 2007
    SoCal
    Haha, that's funny... I purchased an AG500 a month ago and thought I was happy - Aguilar tone for half the price and weight, but my buddy has had a standing offer for me to buy his DB750 and I finally broke down and gave in this weekend.

Free BUMP.

7. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    YCBass - LOL, well it's good to know that at least I'm not the only one who gives into gear lust on occasion :)

8. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    bumpity, bump...

9. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    bump for new price of $900/shipped CONUS

10. Coelho

Coelho

May 10, 2006
    Astoria, NY
    hmmm...

11. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    c'mon Coelho......you know you want this Aggie :)

12. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
    if this is still around in 2 weeks, expect a PM from me.. 8)

13. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    sounds good. I'm not in a super big hurry. Not sure what it would cost to ship to Singapore.....if that's where you're still located

14. superkicky

superkicky Guest

Sep 3, 2005
    eh... don't worry about it; i've got an address in manhattan

15. NL5

NL5

Oct 9, 2007
    Vancouver, WA
    PM sent.

16. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    PM replied to ......still available for the time being....have a feeling it's gonna be gone pretty soon.....if you're interested don't wait until it's already gone ;-)

17. Seattle_BassMan

Seattle_BassMan

Mar 22, 2006
    .....and.....SOLD !!

18. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021