Aguilar DB728 for sale

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassGreaser, Dec 28, 2002.

1. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'm looking to buy an Aguilar DB728. I've found one over at Bass Palace used going for $1800. Is that a good deal? Does anyone know were (besides Ebay) I can find a used one at?!
  2. j.s.basuki

j.s.basuki Supporting Member

May 14, 2000
    That's too much , I saw one in Ebay few weeks ago , mint form a shop selling for around 1000 USD, . For US$ 1800 , buy a new Demeter, which is much much better I believe.
  3. Jeff Haley

Jeff Haley

May 17, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga.
    I think that might be a new amp. Call to make sure.
    $1800 is way too much if it is used.
  4. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I spoke to the guys at BassNW they said the new one should sell for around $3500 retail price.
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Guys, remember that Aguilar just went way up on their list prices a couple of months back.

If that head was manufactured after the price increase, the price is about right.

I would get the serial number and contact Aguilar to verify the date of manufacture. It could be legit, or they could be trying to profit on the price increase.

Bass Palace has a reputation for being fair and honest, but I find it hard to believe that somebody has already purchased a new DB728 and then unloaded it to a dealer in the amount of time since the increase.
  6. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I agree you hardly see these amps for sale. I've heard that Aguilar might only be making these please order only
  7. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    the bass palace isn't selling that one AFAIK. it was going to be their house amp for demos at the shows but Bob could have changed his mind though... not sure on the new or used part either, most likely new (either way it's in great shape!)
  8. gordotone

Nov 22, 2001
    I think they are wrong! Aguilar raised the price of the DB 359; but not the DB 728! It is around $2,700 retail.
    You could probably get one new for $2,200 or so. I think the price you got might be fair if the condition of the amp is real clean.
  9. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    well if you go to Aguilars site and check their price for the DB728 it says T/A which means they haven't decided one the price yet, at least thats what I gather.
  10. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Wait find one on ebay.Buy used! 1800$ on the used market has much kung fu!