1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Aguilar DB728 tube power amp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by koobie, Sep 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    This Aguilar DB728 is the sweetest & punchiest all-tube bass tube power amp I've heard. Tube complement is eight 6550 power tubes and one 12AX7 and 12AU7. 400 watts at 8, 4 or 2 ohms, selectable on the rear panel. Amp is in very clean condition cosmetically aside from some minor rack-mounting scratches. Unlike some second-hand tube amps you might see for sale, this amp is ready to gig; the tubes are strong and the noise floor is very low. I will pack it very well, see my feedback.

$1375 shipped in the lower 48. Paypal from verified users is fine. Please, no low-ball offers, I'm in no rush.

Not looking for any trades, thanks.

To keep the hassle factor at a minimum, I'd prefer to keep this sale in the lower 48. In the interest of saving time, if you're outside the U.S., figure at least $275 USD for shipping. For sales outside the U.S., I take payment by bank wire transfer only, no credit cards or Paypal. Sales outside the U.S. will include an invoice that shows the actual value of the purchase. If amp is sold outside the U.S., buyer is responsible for any customs, duties or taxes.

DB728front.jpg

DB728rightside.gif

DB728leftside.gif

DB728inside.jpg

2. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
    PM sent..

3. drool

4. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    There's a puddle on my desk from when my jaw was hanging open.

5. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    whoa.

6. PM SENT

7. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    wow. wish i had the bread man. i would snap this up in a second. nowhere near able to afford that right now...

i have an Mod'ed SG Bass Reissue (new pups and new bridge) but you're not interested in trades...

8. GroovyBaby

GroovyBaby G&L Fanboy Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Huntingdon, PA
    Drool...

9. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Jack Casady rocked one of these with Hot Tuna in San Francisco this last weekend!

10. Art Araya

Art Araya

May 29, 2006
    Palm Coast, FL
    Dude, I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how I can take this off your hands...

Sigh... you sure you're not open to any trades?

11. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Tuesday - pm's responded to, still available.

To those who have asked, I'm paring things down, not considering any trades.

12. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    DANG, koobie! You seem to always have "the good stuff". I seem to recall you selling a minty Rob Allen Solid 4 not too long ago, and now an Ag 728 400-watt all tube power amp?? I used to have one of these, and it ROCKED!!

Free bump for a guy who knows good gear.

13. koobie

koobie

Jul 11, 2007
    Portland OR
    Thanks Sacto. Since stumbling onto TB a few years ago, it's been a trip down the rabbit hole. I wish I could say that my playing skills had kept in step with my purchases...

The DB728 is on hold for David, pending payment, thanks to all who have pm'd.

14. SactoBass

SactoBass A retired civil engineer who likes all-tube amps! Supporting Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    You are not alone my friend......not by a longshot!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.