1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Aguilar DB750 at 2ohms?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by marlond, Nov 7, 2010.

1. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    I know it says it can run at 2ohms. But it that ok?

I know I have been asking a lot of stupid questions lately. I'm a guitar player and this stuff is new to me.

I have been told that running at 2ohms is really not that good. and is a very low impedance. Even for bass.

I am thinking about getting 2 (2x12) cabs at 4ohms. And I would be pushing it.

2. If Aguilar say the amp will run into 2Ω why not take them at their word? They did design the amp after all. There is nothing wrong with running an amp at 2Ω if the amp was designed for it. It's only when you try to run a 4Ω amp at 2Ω that the problems start.

3. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Yeah... you are right. I know if it says that it is ok, it should be.

I think what I heard about was more directed at tube power amps. But it is probably just that guys superstition and bad experience.

It just seems so low to me though :rollno:

4. I have run mine @ 2 ohms many times, and at a few gigs for hours on end. No issues at all, that bad boy just keeps on smiling and says give me more. :hyper:
    Great amp IHMO

5. Bass Collector

Bass Collector

Aug 14, 2008
    Yep, no probs at all doing 2ohms with the DB750 :bassist:

6. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    So now... can it be run at 8ohms?

7. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own! Supporting Member

If I remember, its 425 @ 8 ohms.

8. Yes. I have run mine at both 2 ohms and 8 ohms many times. Actually, I prefer running it at 8 ohms. At 8 ohms you can crank it up a bit without overwhelming the whole band. The amp really opens up with the master above twelve O' clock. I have used it like this for many outdoor gigs with no PA support and a single 8 ohm DB410. That amp just never seems to run out of steam.

9. bearhart74

bearhart74 Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2009
    It wont work at 2 ohms..
    Ill give you 500 for it...
    ;)

10. lol uh huh i'll give him $250

11. marlond

marlond

Jun 23, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    OH I'm not selling. I'm just trying to feel out what cab/cabs I want for it.

I could do a 4ohm 4x12

or 2, 4ohm 2x12,

or even now I guess I could do 2, 8ohm 2x12

I did not know the DB750 could do 8ohms. hmmmm... the choices are getting to be too much.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    8 ohms is generally an easier load for most heads. Two 8 ohm cabs like the 2x12 you mentioned presents a 4 ohm load and just about any current amp can drive that load. To get 8 ohm cabs to present a 2 ohm load you'd run four of them.

13. PSPookie

PSPookie

Aug 13, 2006
    Lubbock, TX
    Clearly, getting 4, 8 ohm cabs is the way to go :bassist: