SOLD Aguilar DB750 Bass Amp - Rock and Roll!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by peabody, Mar 24, 2018.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Price:
    So, you're looking for a new bass amp. Here's a little quiz...

Are you tired of having your guitar player drown you out with their Marshall stack?
    Are you tired of having an amp that has so many knobs it takes forever to dial in a tone (and you don't know what most of the knobs do anyway)?
    Are you looking for the classic tube tone, but don't want to haul around a 100 lb head?
    Do you like to feel your pant legs move when you play?

If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, this is the amp for you.

I have for up for sale my Aguilar DB750 bass amp. Aguilar describes this head as a perfect combination of raw power and enormous headroom. It's hard to argue with that description. This head pumps out 750 watts of pure tone into 4 ohms and 975 watts into 2 ohms. If youre not familiar with this amp, read the reviews and you'll know why this is the amp of choice for so many bassists.

Overall the amp is in terrific condition. The only issue I need to mention is the gain knob has a little crackle to it if you move it back and forth. When I play, I pretty much set the knob and leave it...so it doesn't really bother me. Other than the gain knob, the amp works perfectly.

As a special added bonus, it comes with an Aguilar head case cover in the Boss Tweed. The head case is almost like new (a $200 option on the Aguilar website). Honestly, I just picked this up and I had a "what was I thinking" moment realizing this is more weight than I want to haul around at my age. I've owned 4 or 5 of these over the years, and they are still, IMHO, one of the best sounding amps out there...and that's why I keep buying them.

From the Aguilar Website:
    Specs
    Accepts 2, 4, and 8 ohm loads
    Tuner Out with Mute
    Self-Diagnostic Protection Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection Circuit (both with LED Indicators)
    Short Circuit Protection
    Power Output: 750 watts @ 4 ohms, 975 watts @ 2 ohms.
    Preamp Section: Three 12AX7s and one 12AU7
    Power Section: 12 complimentary lateral MOSFETs
    Transformers: Custom Aguilar toroidal power transformer.
    EQ Section: Tube-driven shelving type treble (+/ - 12dB @4kHz), mid (+/ - 12dB @ 400Hz), and bass (+/ - 12dB @ 40Hz) controls.
    Deep Switch: Adds 3db of broad-band boost at 30 Hz.
    Bright Switch: A passive RC pre-emphasis circuit at 5-7 kHz.
    Effects Loop: Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level; return pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation.
    Inputs: One 1/4" input jack with an active/passive switch. One 1/4" power amp input.
    Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, one Jenson XLR balanced output (-32dB pre- and post-EQ) with a ground lift switch, and one 1/4" jack preamp output.
    Cooling: High quality whisper fan
    Power Requirement: 100, 120, 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
    Dimensions: 19" W x 14" D x 5.25" H
    Rack Size: Three Spaces
    Weight: 43 lbs

I have it priced to sell at $1250 + actual shipping costs. Just contact me for a shipping quote. Feel free to PM or shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any questions. Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  2. dairyman3833

dairyman3833

Aug 19, 2010
    Chicago
    Im not allowed to say really.
    Damnit! This always happens. As soon as I get my tax refund I blow it on gear. But I've always wanted a 750 or 751, and it seams I'm always looking around tax time, can't find it ever, then as soon as I blow my money 1 pops up. For the last 5yrs it's been that way. You'd think I'd learn by now to save it until it does pop up, but no....sigh.

3. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    ....and sold! Thanks everyone for your interest.