No longer available Aguilar DB750 Bass Amp - Rock and Roll!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by peabody, Jul 21, 2018.

1. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    Price:
    I have for up for sale an Aguilar DB750 bass amp. Aguilar describes this head as a perfect combination of raw power and enormous headroom. It's hard to argue with that description. This head pumps out 750 watts of pure tone into 4 ohms and 975 watts into 2 ohms. If youre not familiar with this amp, read the reviews and you'll know why this is the amp of choice for so many bassists.

Overall the amp is in good condition, although the chassis does have some scratches. I just had it serviced by Aguilar, so operationally it works perfectly.

From the Aguilar Website:

Specs
    Accepts 2, 4, and 8 ohm loads
    Tuner Out with Mute
    Self-Diagnostic Protection Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection Circuit (both with LED Indicators)
    Short Circuit Protection
    Power Output: 750 watts @ 4 ohms, 975 watts @ 2 ohms.
    Preamp Section: Three 12AX7s and one 12AU7
    Power Section: 12 complimentary lateral MOSFETs
    Transformers: Custom Aguilar toroidal power transformer.
    EQ Section: Tube-driven shelving type treble (+/ - 12dB @4kHz), mid (+/ - 12dB @ 400Hz), and bass (+/ - 12dB @ 40Hz) controls.
    Deep Switch: Adds 3db of broad-band boost at 30 Hz.
    Bright Switch: A passive RC pre-emphasis circuit at 5-7 kHz.
    Effects Loop: Send pot is push/pull for line or instrument level; return pot is push/pull for parallel or series operation.
    Inputs: One 1/4" input jack with an active/passive switch. One 1/4" power amp input.
    Outputs: Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, one Jenson XLR balanced output (-32dB pre- and post-EQ) with a ground lift switch, and one 1/4" jack preamp output.
    Cooling: High quality whisper fan
    Power Requirement: 100, 120, 230 VAC 50 - 60 Hz
    Dimensions: 19" W x 14" D x 5.25" H
    Rack Size: Three Spaces
    Weight: 43 lbs

Price is $1200 plus actual shipping costs. Just send me your zip code for a shipping quote. This will ship with a brand new (never used) Odyssey 3 space rack bag (street price of $90).

I'm really not looking for any trades, but I learned a long time ago to never say never. So if you have something I'd be crazy to pass up, feel free to run it by me.

Just let me know if you have any questions. You can PM me or shoot me an email at [email protected].

Thanks for looking!

Attached Files:

Big String and arbitrary like this.
  2. ELG60

ELG60

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    I acquired this exact same model earlier this year. It really slams! GLWTS.

3. dponbass

dponbass Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2007
    New England
    Killer!

4. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Curious why you had the amp serviced ? Do you have the oem shipping box and packing? Any tube rolling?
    Thanks

5. peabody

peabody Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2002
    La Crosse, WI
    This is kind of a long story....and the reason I have not bumped this post since I posted it last July.

I sold this amp to somebody in March of 2018 and some of the insides broke off in shipping. He asked to return it and I refunded his money. I took it to my local repair shop and they sent it to Aguilar for repair. When I posted this on 7/21/2018 I just got it back from Aguilar (through the repair shop). Shortly after I made this for sale post, I discovered it still had a short in the gain knob....I'm not sure how they missed that. So I took it back to my repair shop. The tech tried to fix it himself but ended up sending it back to Aguilar (eventually). While I love my local guitar shop and the tech they use, I have to admit he is not the best on following up on things. For example, I followed up with him about 6 weeks after he told me he needed to send it back to Aguilar....and he still hadn't shipped it out. I finally got the owner of the store involved and he was able to at least get things moving. I just heard from him yesterday and he said he's still waiting to hear from Aguilar, and they're not getting back to him because they are probably busy with NAMM. Lame excuse I know, but I'm kind of stuck until I get it back. I originally left this post open because I honestly thought I would get it back right away...and obviously I was wrong.

That probably answers your first question (a long winded answer I admit). I do not have the OEM shipping box or packing materials. When I do put it up for sale again, I will ship it in the Odyssey case.

I think to avoid confusion, I am going to change the status of this post to "No Longer For Sale" and repost it when I get ready to sell.

For the record, I have probably owned 5 different DB750's over the years and I still think they are one of the best sounding amps on the planet. I just wish they weren't so darn heavy. :)

Stay tuned.....

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021